Position Title: IT Manager
Department: IT Infrastructure Services
Salary: C51- Exempt
Closed Date: Open Until Filled, First Review: July 12, 2021
The health and safety of our colleagues and their families, as well as our students, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. Due to COVID-19, this role will temporarily be performed remotely. The successful candidate will train and work from home until the College deems it safe to return in-person. At that time, the role may transition to on-site or a hybrid schedule.
The IT manager is responsible for providing technical leadership and project management duties. They will coordinate and manage major college infrastructure projects, implementations, reporting, and meeting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a team of individuals through support activities and support related projects, updates, upgrades, etc. Guides them with numerous processes and assists them in developing their skill sets.
- Supports systems consolidated within the data centers. Must assist with ensuring maximum system up time for all systems within the enterprise.
- Provides support for systems and services provided in the federated environment.
- Works with other teams to maximize the PCC’s ability to support business continuity. This would include participation and knowledge of High Availability failovers, disaster recovery testing, preparedness, and continual planning. This will include providing specific disaster recovery support for infrastructure systems.
- Advises on system management issues.
- Answers inquiries and helps solve problems logged by systems personnel, expedite and coordinate repairs to systems.
- Reacts to change productively, work with very minimal supervision and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Configures, installs, tests, analyzes, and maintains equipment and services.
- Reviews status and performance of all systems maintained by Operations and Infrastructure Services for troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures.
- Provides leadership and works with the PCC IT leadership team to provide technical advice and direction.
- Carries high-level project specifications to completion and provides progress reports on activities.
Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years’ experience in IT Infrastructure to include two years supervisory experience, or
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems, hardware platforms and associated utilities.
- Maintain technical proficiency in multiple operating systems, hardware platforms and associated utilities.
- Skilled in studying and analyzing system requirements, system process analysis, design and engineering
- Reviews industry trends and new product lines to determine validity to current and future system design
- Evaluation of new technologies/tools, testing/installation of new Servers,hardware/software and maintaining enhanced technical standards, policies/procedures
- Manages and evaluates the activities of staff, ensuring progression of short term/long term goals.
- Develop and mentor staff to ensure personal and professional growth.
Applicants with disabilities may request that special accommodations be made to complete the selection process.