Meadville Lombard Theological School, located in downtown Chicago, is currently seeking an innovative and collaborative leader to serve
as its Information Technology (IT) Manager 30 hours per week. The successful candidate will lead strategic and sustained technological
innovations and will coordinate their operations and assessment. The Manager will play a key role in improving collaborative user-focused
information technology services that contribute to the success of Meadville Lombard students, faculty, and staff.
theological institution, Meadville Lombard is academically rigorous, spiritually grounded, unapologetically progressive, and deeply
committed to teaching and learning for social justice and transformation. Meadville Lombard’s innovative education model is a low
residency program grounded in service learning and integrated internships. Students travel to Chicago two times a year for learning
convocations and intensives in addition to regular contact with faculty and students through a variety of standard technology formats. The
successful candidate must have competency in functioning in a multiracial, multicultural, and theologically diverse learning and work
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance & Administration, the IT manager is
a 30-hour per week exempt administrative position with full benefits. The Manager functions as the individual responsible for providing IT
services to Meadville Lombard Theological School’s faculty, staff, and students, supporting the IT needs of all departments.
The person filling this position will be expected to be in the office at least once a week, any time students are on campus, and whenever
the School is hosting an event that requires their presence.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with all departments to
create and implement an IT strategic plan that results in a set of integrated and comprehensive solutions.
- Accountable for IT
security and related training of faculty and staff.
- Oversee contracted administrative IT tech support (Help Desk) services (Chicago
- Manage administrative and instructional IT.
- Install and/or support:
- Microsoft Office 2016 products, including Teams
- Microsoft 365
- Adobe products, including Creative
- Library software (eg OCLC Client)
- Financial software (Fund EZ)
- Development software (eTapestry)
- Student Information System (Populi)
- Vet new Windows- and Apple-based software.
- Assist the
faculty in the integration of technology in pedagogical design, curriculum development, and online instruction.
- Identify and
secure, in cooperation with the Meadville Lombard Development staff, external funding support for IT initiatives.
- Provide A/V
support as needed.
- Basic printer/copier support.
- Some weekend and/or evening work required.
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related is desired.
- 3-5 years of experience
working in higher education.
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of IT principles, process, systems and standards. Understanding
of technology trends in library services and in higher education.
- Conversant in community informatics – how information and
communication technologies empower or enable physical communities.
- Knowledge and experience integrating the use of technology in
pedagogical design, curriculum development, and online instruction.
- Awareness of current and emerging trends in information
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated success in collaborative
- Strong service orientation to our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the scholarly community.
- An ongoing interest
in learning new trends in information technology.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
to work with diverse internal and external partners.
- Ability to effectively multitask and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent organizational, communication, problem-solving and time management skills
- Ability to function as a team player in a
fast-paced culture along with dependability, a sense of humor, and a good deal of enthusiasm is important.
Interested applicants should submit
- a cover letter detailing why you are
interested in this position,
- a current resume or CV,
- contact information for three professional references, and
- Diversity Statement – may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, gender equity and must include specific examples of
how your educational and/or professional experiences, background/philosophy has prepared you for this role (maximum 500 words).
By email to:
Vice President, Finance and
Meadville Lombard Theological School
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however,
only those candidates selected for an
interview will be contacted.
Meadville Lombard Theological School offers a competitive salary and benefits package including family leave and spouse/partner/family insurance options.