Virginia Tech’s Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance (OESRC) seeks to fill the role of an Information Technology Manager (IT Manager) to join our dynamic team. The IT Manager will be responsible for managing the Information Technology and Security function for our Arlington, VA location.
This is a fulltime, salaried, benefited position with Virginia Tech supporting a growing portfolio of research programs. This is a not a single-contract-based appointment.
- Bachelors’ degree with significant training and/or progressive professional experience in lieu of an advance degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related field.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen due to the nature and sensitivity of the work responsibilities.
- Must have active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility. Tier 5 investigation must be in-scope per government requirements.
- Demonstrated computer operating system administration experience (Windows or Linux).
- Familiarity with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with managers and technical staff.
- Current DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II (e.g. Security+) or IAM Level II/III certification (e.g. CISSP), or ability to obtain DoD 8570.01M certification within 6 months of employment.
- Demonstrated customer and project management skills to include strong prioritization, organization, planning, teamwork, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
Commensurate with Experience
December 13, 2021
This position is located in the Virginia Tech Research Center in Arlington, VA and will be mostly on-site with the opportunity for telework.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lynn Byrd at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Virginia Tech has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline.