Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/.
Department: 240110 – DASA Tech
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
This position serves as an IT Manager for DASA Technology Services, and is a leadership position within the organization. The IT Manager serves as the Strategic Tech Lead for 16 departments in the division, responsible for managing the overall technical support for business operations for each department. Responsibilities are varied and complex, with the goal of following industry and university best practices to recommend and provide the technology solutions to meet the unique needs of each unit, and range from implementation of vendor applications to life-cycle purchasing, to custom hardware solutions to employee on-boarding. This position also serves as the functional lead for all computer labs in the division and is responsible for their hardware, software, and monitoring. The IT Manager serves as a member of the DASA Technology Services Leadership Team, which is responsible for the tactical and strategic management of the entire department.
The IT Manager also serves as functional lead for DASA Computing Labs and provides strategic oversight for 160 computers in 10 lab spaces across the division. IT Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determining the budget needed for life-cycle replacement
- Coordinating special application installations, as requested by departments
- Life-cycle purchasing and coordination of deployment
- Monitoring usage through LabStats application
- Purchasing and coordination of deployment for printers, coordination of WolfPrint printers, and coordination of contracted print services through CEI for ASPSA high-volume computer lab
- Coordination of facilities upgrades to computer lab spaces
- Supervision of an Audio Visual Classroom Specialist
Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree; or Bachelor’s degree with zero – two years’ of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.
* For management-level roles, also include with the above requirements 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
- Advanced knowledge of technical, tactical and strategic aspects of workstation and peripheral integration and support
- Ability to lead both small and large technical projects and coordinate with campus partners, including the management of timelines and resources
- Knowledge of IT Service Management concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Five years progressive experience integrating and supporting technologies for departments
- Experience managing complex projects
- Experience working in higher education
- Certificate in ITIL Foundations
Required license or certification:
Position Number: 00065126
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.