Job ID: 295172
OFC OF VP RESEARCH (UA-VPRO-IUBLA)
The Vice President for
Research Office at Indiana University is responsible for research development, research compliance, and research administration. Working
with university-wide offices, campus leaders, and deans, the Vice President for Research Office works to increase and diversify research and
creative activities at IU, attract external funding for these activities, and develop public-private partnerships, technology transfer,
graduate education, and intercampus research opportunities.
- Leads planning and implementation of
complex IT projects involving university staff from different teams and external partners on interrelated project tasks.
Designs, creates, executes, and manages advanced project work plans and workflow documents; establishes project timelines and revises as
appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manages budget and monitors progress of projects at highest levels to
ensure that quality and cost constraints are met.
- Responsible for reporting and documenting project milestones to share with
leaders, stakeholders, and/or project partners.
- Makes recommendations to leadership to improve project management approaches and
- Researches and stays up-to-date with IT project management best practices, approaches, and trends.
Creates and fosters relationships with key project stakeholders and service owners to ensure functional user expectations and requirements
are articulated and integrated.
- Often provides guidance and support to less experienced peers.
- Ph.D. in computing, engineering, science,
or related area.
5 years of technical project
- 7 years of post-doctorate experience in artificial intelligence
related research and/or product development.
- Experience with the commercialization and productization of AI/ML.
in US DoD, Industrial Software or IT programs.
- Leadership experience within technical societies or similar venues.
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a
high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Seeks to acquire knowledge
in area of specialty.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
- Possesses a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents.
Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard
office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the
campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Career Level: Advanced
Function: Information Technology
Job Family: IT Project Management
Click here to
learn more about Indiana University’s Job Framework.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal
employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the
basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or
complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX
Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Indiana University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. This institution is also a provider of ADA services.