Job ID: 298403
INFORMATICS RESEARCH (BL-INRS-IUBLA)
The Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering is world-renowned as an innovative leader in the teaching
and research of the use of technology to solve real-world problems. We focus on what is possible and take a broad view of computing and
information technology education and research. The Luddy School also prides itself on a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere in which colleagues
are friends and not just co-workers, one that encourages collaboration while respecting individual ideas and expression. Creating a healthy,
flexible work/life balance is critical, and our expansive benefits package provides the resources to achieve a positive, flourishing career
at an ever-evolving and growing school.
- Leads planning and
implementation of complex IT projects involving university staff from different teams and external partners on interrelated project tasks.
- Designs, creates, executes, and manages advanced project work plans and work-flow documents; establishes project timelines and
revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manages budget and monitors progress of projects at highest levels
to ensure that quality and cost constraints are met.
- Responsible for reporting and documenting project milestones to share with
leaders, stakeholders, and/or project partners.
- Makes recommendations to leadership to improve project management approaches and
- Researches and stays up-to-date with IT project management best practices, approaches, and trends.
and fosters relationships with key project stakeholders and service owners to ensure functional user expectations and requirements are
articulated and integrated.
- Often provides guidance and support to less experienced peers.
Bachelor’s degree in related
5 years of technical project
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Possesses a high degree of
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
Working Conditions /
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office
productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus.
The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Career Level: Advanced
Function: Information Technology
Job Family: IT Project Management
Click here to
learn more about Indiana University’s Job Framework.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal
employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected
veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including
employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of
Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana
University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Indiana University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. This institution is also a provider of ADA services.