CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Auxiliary and Business Services (A&BS) is seeking a project manager to be part of our Information Technology team. The AB&S Information Technology team is a fast-paced, customer service-driven organization that provides technology solutions for a diverse group of business operations at the University.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Research solutions to project management issues
- Lead short-term, tactical projects of various types
- Facilitate and lead the creation of project definitions, work breakdowns, rough order estimates, project plans, communication plans, and project schedules and specifications; serve as a liaison between technical staff and other groups to resolve problems and concerns
- Interact regularly with project sponsors, stakeholders, project team, and others to determine their needs and use the existing project methodology to develop plans to address these efficiently
- Help to determine scope of work required for assigned projects
- Participate in the strategic planning process at the unit level
The successful candidate will be analytically minded and clearly demonstrate a desire to operate in a technical team environment. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a customer service approach, strong attention to detail, a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and the ability to successfully navigate a user base which has widely diverse technical skills.
This position will likely be filled as a IT PM level 2, but candidates with less formal project management experience will be considered as a level 1. Typically requires an associate degree or higher for a level 2 position, two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.