Harvard Medical School
- Manage projects from project inception to successful completion; leading the orderly progression of projects from the proposal stage through project completion by interacting with administrators, researchers, IT staff, faculty, hospital staff.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and technologists to define agreed-upon project scope, outcomes, requirements, schedule, and resources; develop actionable project plans and project artifacts; identify, manage, and escalate as appropriate, project risks, issues, and roadblocks to timely delivery.
- Lead Change, acting as change agent use skills and expertise to inspire a shared purpose of intent, drive project awareness, communications, and training while ensuring effective transition into operations.
- Manage resources, scope, prioritization, work plans, and the investigation of future enhancements
- Develop and implement project communications framework to ensure well-informed stakeholders, end-users, and technical staff.
- Facilitate and drive work sessions; leveraging a flexible toolkit of techniques, with the ability to adapt the approach to the needs of the project.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders within HMS and Harvard, including faculty researchers, administrative system owners, and subject matter experts in networking, security, and high-performance computing.
- Organizing and leading meetings
- Liaising with stakeholders and vendors to lead discovery of both technical and non-technical solutions to meet requirements.
- Overseeing development and testing of evaluations, product enhancements
- Provide guidance to IT PM community, as an active contributor of standards, processes, and toolsets that broaden and mature the project management discipline across HMS IT.
- Other duties as assigned
Typical Core Duties
- Collaborate to review project plans and proposals and develop project objectives; identify project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project; calculate time frames and sequence the stages of the project
- Develop and manage project roadmap
- Execute, coordinate, and perform technical aspects of project; research issues
- Review, evaluate, approve, and monitor cost schedule and technical scope baselines
- Ensure the preparation and delivery of required project documentation
- Prepare and provide project status updates
- Contribute to communication plan and change management
- Absorb and leverage project related technology to ensure effective project management and collaboration
- May provide training to clients/staff
- Apply Harvard University’s IT technical standards and best practices
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT Code of Conduct
- Minimum of two years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum two years’ additional post-secondary education or relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 2-3 years related experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment
- Knowledge of advanced IT project management principles (e.g. Agile) and software
- Demonstrated cross-functional project management experience
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
- Attitude that supports an Agile working environment
Certificates and Licenses
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy Project Management Foundations course (or external equivalent) preferred
- PMP or other relevant certification and experience preferred, e.g., Scrum Master
This is a two-year term position with strong potential for renewal.
This Staff role may start as a remote position due to the COVID-19 pandemic and while restrictions are still in place. The current remote nature of this role is considered temporary and may change as the University continues to evaluate options. While we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 guidelines, local on-campus work may be expected for some roles. Harvard Medical School does support flexible schedules, subject to individual departments’ business needs.
Harvard will require COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement and exceptions may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 – 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
USA – MA – Boston
I0057P IT Project Manager III
IT-Project Management Office
00 – Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
35 hrs. per week | Monday – Friday | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.