IT Quality Assurance Manager
Job ID: 2021-13858
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
The Manager of Quality Assurance is an important new position in the Custom Solutions and Integration group within the Office of Information Technology at Princeton University. This position is responsible for developing a quality assurance testing strategy, recommending automated and manual testing tools, hiring a team of QA test analysts/engineers, and leading the quality testing review of a significant portfolio of software applications.
This person will work closely with the Custom Solutions and Integration development team, business analysts, and customers for the development and execution of test cases, as well as the creation of automation processes.
The QA Manager will oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, staying abreast of industry best-practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality standards are created and goals are met.
The QA Manager will work under the supervision of the Custom Solutions and Integrations’ team Director.
This is a 3-year benefits-eligible term position.
- Creating an end-to-end test strategy inclusive of test documentation, test data and tools, and setting the direction for quality assurance within the organization.
- Analyzing applications and existing technical processes in order to recommend testing strategy and tool/s.
- Owning formal QA processes and updating them so that industry-accepted best practices are applied.
- Overseeing projects, prioritizing tasks to manage risks, teams’ strengths and assignment of resources across projects.
- Defining staff requirements, creating job descriptions, evaluating potential candidates, conducting interviews, recommending hires.
- Leading/mentoring/managing test engineers to QA staff to achieve the goals of this effort.
- Establishing QA metrics and reporting.
- When provided access to personal, proprietary and/or otherwise confidential data, maintain such data in the strictest confidence and follows procedures to ensure the privacy, security and proper use of data.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in:
- Creating repeatable and maintainable automated test suites.
- Developing and managing QA teams and tools.
- Testing various applications, services, and user interfaces.
- Advising and coaching on test driven development.
- Guiding software development lifecycles and best practices pertaining to quality assurance.
- Expertise in project methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Knowledge of various defect management techniques and systems.
- Ability to act as a liaison between the QA and development teams.
- Detail oriented and receptive to giving and receiving direct feedback.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with the ability to juggle projects and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse teams and customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative problem solving on a variety of complicated tasks.
- Strong background in defining and implementing alternative approaches to achieve customer goals.
Bachelor’s degree and/or 7+ years of work experience.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW PI159059947
Princeton University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.