Position Category: Staff (Exempt)
Location: Thousand Oaks
The mission of California Lutheran University is to educate leaders for a global society who are strong in character and judgment, confident in their identity and vocation, and committed to service and justice. Founded in 1959 in beautiful Ventura County, the university has an enrollment of about 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students who come from across the nation and around the world from a diversity of backgrounds, cultures and faiths. As a federally recognized Hispanic-Serving Institution, Cal Lutheran is looking for candidates with a dedication to and success in working in diverse communities. The university is committed to an inclusive learning and work environment that values individual differences and respects each persons dignity.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Information Technology, the IT Service Desk Manager will: Manage the Information Technology Services (ITS) Service Desk activities through hiring and training of Computer System Specialists and Student Assistants, measuring service desk efficiency, metrics and maintaining the ITS Website content. The IT Service Desk Manager will maintain, metrics for customer satisfaction of services delivered, manage the lifecycle of technical requests, and providing tier two software support. They will also manage the inventory process for existing hardware and software
- Manage Service Desk support activities including logging calls/contacts into incident tracking software, resolving common issues on the spot, triaging calls to determine who in the organization should address/fix higher tier problems and assigning tickets that come in to the Helpdesk System. E
- Manage a team of technicians (Computers Systems Specialists I, II to ensure that technical issues are assigned and resolved in a timely manner utilizing help desk software while following proper processes and procedures. E
- Monitoring of support queue to ensure that customers are receiving prompt responses to their issues E
- Hire, Manage, Train and Mentor student employees providing support services through the Service Desk E
- Classify Incidents as they arrive and assign to the corresponding technicians for assignment E
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and procedural process for existing computer hardware and software inventory. E
- Coordinate new employee IT onboarding make sure resources needed are provided to new employees E
- Maintain consistent, high quality response to customer inquiries E
- Maintain client relationships, understand business objectives, and manage desired IT outcomes E
- Manage and Maintain ITS Website content for end users including: knowledge base articles, highlighting ITS resources and services offered to university community E
- Provide and analyze metrics from the service desk tracking software and phone system to identify trends for continuous improvement E
- Increase first call and overall resolution rates through knowledge management best practices E
- Manage follow-up process for incidents including the development of surveys to measure satisfaction and insure work completion E
- Coordinate upgrades to the service desk ticketing software and insure accurate request types, and proper usage E
- Provide support and consultation services to resolve issues or problems with standard university adopted software applications and services. E
- Assist with account creations for various systems E
- Implement process improvements for existing services and policies and procedures for the technical services area E
- Coordinate documenting standard operating procedures and routinely update that documentation as procedures change. E
- Resolve ticketed incidents within timeframes identified in the IT departments service level objectives
- Follow policies and procedures related to how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected E
- Manage monitoring IT assets and supplies. E
- Assist with special projects
- Other duties as assigned
E = Essential Duties
- Oral and written communication skills
- CLU supported application software such as MS Office Suite, SPSS, Adobe Creative Cloud, Blackboard Learn,, and LinkedIn Learning
- Service Desk performance metrics (call, email, and ticket management statistics) for SLA adherence coupled with predictive analysis
- Mobile devices including iOS and Android and Apps used in a university setting
- Advanced working knowledge of both Windows OS and Mac OS.
- Statistics and statistical analysis as applied to the ITS service desk.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Knowledge Base Management
- Build excellent customer relationships and provide customer service via phone, email and in person.
- Deliver high quality software troubleshooting
- Communicate technical issues in a non-technical manner to clients
- Communicate client needs with appropriate specificity and urgency to the appropriate staff
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Analyze data and metrics
- Write documentation and create technical handouts
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Web page design
- Work independently with little direction
- Work collaboratively in a changing environment
- Work with members of the University community (faculty, students, staff, and alumni) who have diverse technological skills
- Change in an always evolving IT environment
Any combination equivalent to: A Bachelors degree and two years of experience working on a help desk or call center providing basic PC/Mac hardware and software support and computing in a highly networked environment or related experience;
- Microsoft MCDST, Comp TIA A+, HDI Desktop
- Support Technician or equivalent certifications
- One year of experience in a supervisory capacity
- A Masters degree in Computer Science/Business
Licenses and Other Requirements:
Office Environment, constant interruptions, requires some night and/or evening work to complete work in off-peak periods.
Posting Number: Staff003142020
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 08/01/2021
Position End Date:
Open Date: 06/22/2021
Close Date: 7/11/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Application Procedure/Special Instructions:
To apply, visit https://careers.callutheran.edu/postings/7155
California Lutheran University is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment for all persons, regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by applicable law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any program, activity or facility of the University on the basis of these factors in a manner consistent with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, ordinances, orders and rules, and Universitys policies, procedures, and processes.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal Lutheran encourages candidates who will contribute to the cultural diversity to apply.