Harvard University Employees Credit Union
The Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU) is one of the fastest growing Credit Unions in the country and a leader in our industry. As a not-for-profit cooperative, we put our members’ best interests first in all that we do. We are passionate about service and fanatical about solving problems. Integrity and transparency are the foundation of HUECU’s philosophy. Our mission is to enhance our members’ lives by developing and offering trustworthy products that are easy to understand, easy to use and best suited to meet their financial needs.
HUECU has a dynamic small-business atmosphere where every member of the team has a significant impact on our success. Our headquarters and flagship branch are located in the heart of Harvard Square, surrounded by shops, restaurants, and the vibrant University community. We are looking for talented, member-centric individuals to join our growing team. If you have energy, enthusiasm, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, please read on.
Harvard University Employees Credit Union: https://www.huecu.org/
Provides front line IT support to staff throughout Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU). Reporting to the VP, IT/Information and Data Security Officer, the Staff Assistant works as part of a team, performing a variety of moderately complex technical, IT, administrative, and technical support to the IT Department. The IT Support Assistant ensures adherence to policies through transactional work, related to purchasing, vendor management, billing, expense reporting, departmental supply management and mailings.
- Provides first line support either by phone, email, or in person
- Processes equipment requests and setups (Imaging/reimaging, configuring, shipping)
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. computers, laptops, printers, and other network devices)
- Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns
- Provides administrative support to the IT Department including record maintenance, scheduling conference rooms, assisting with registration for training initiatives, arrange travel for training/conference attendance, overseeing mail and FedEx
- Vendor payment management: review, process and maintain all departmental purchasing transactions and vendor invoices, liaise with Finance department to ensure timely payments
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, order and receive shipments (supplies, various equipment, etc.)
- Assists with organizing departmental meetings
- Assists in setting up IT and AV equipment for trainings, meetings, and executives, including presentations and conferences
- In addition to providing support at a dedicated location, the IT Support Assistant also is a member of the HUECU IT team and may provide ad hoc support to other Credit Union departments/locations, as needed
- Performs other related duties as required
The following qualifications are the minimum threshold for which a candidate must meet in order to be considered for this role.
- High School Diploma
- Must have a minimum of one year of related IT experience working in an office environment
- Experience handling confidential information.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
The following qualifications are strongly preferred. If you meet some, but not all, we still encourage you to apply. HUECU values employees with a willingness to learn.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with the ability to learn new systems and software.
- Must be a team player and effectively interact with a wide variety of constituents while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills, via phone, email and in person.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Must be willing to work additional early/late weekday and weekend hours based on the business needs of the department and credit union.
- Must be able to work in the very diverse environment of Harvard University.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
- Walking/standing for long periods of time, bending, stooping, crawling while installing/removing equipment, etc.
In light of the global pandemic, all initial interviews and onboarding activity for HUECU will be conducted via telephone & Zoom video conferencing. If you accept our offer and join the team, your position will be based on our campus in Cambridge, MA. This position will be hybrid remote and in-person through at least July 31, 2021. Additional details will be provided to candidates during the interview process. All remote work must be performed within the United States.
- The first 90 days will be 100% onsite work.
- Please note this position is designated as “Essential Personnel” which will require you to provide on-site support during emergency situations as determined by management, and COVID-19 testing will be required.
Harvard continues to place the highest priority on the health, safety and wellbeing of its faculty, staff and students, as well as the wider community. Information and details can be found via Harvard’s Coronavirus Workplace Policies website: https://hr.harvard.edu/corona-virus-workplace-policies.
Please provide a cover letter with your application and upload as one document.
- Harvard University Employees Credit Union requires a pre-employment reference and background screening, which includes OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control).
- We are unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
- This position has a 90-day orientation and review period.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
Harvard’s commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging is rooted in our belief in drawing on the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity. Our community strives to uphold these beliefs by honoring the rights, differences, and dignity of others and embracing
individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values. Harvard aims to foster a campus culture where everyone can thrive, a key to which is ensuring that we each experience a sense of inclusion and belonging.
Harvard’s Total Rewards Program is designed to attract, retain, and reward the performance of talented employees. Comprehensive benefits, generous paid time-off, access to education and professional development, and a vibrant campus with abundant cultural and recreational opportunities create a competitive and compelling total rewards package. As a Harvard staff member, you enjoy many perks that come with working for one of the top employers in Massachusetts.
Time Off: 3 – 4 weeks accrued paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 accrued paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year (prorated based upon date of hire within the calendar year)
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: A variety of programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services.
Access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Learn more: https://hr.harvard.edu/totalrewards
Harvard University Employees Credit Union plays an important role in supporting Harvard’s commitment by seeking to create, procure and deploy technologies that are accessible to all, including and especially those who live with disability. Harvard welcomes individuals with disabilities to apply for positions and participate in its programs and activities. If you would like to request accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact our University Disability Resources Department.
USA – MA – Cambridge
403057 Computer Assistant
Harvard University Employees Credit Union
55 – Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Criminal, Identity, Prohibited Parties
- M-F 7.00hrs per day/35.00hrs per week default schedule BUT additional hours will be expected, either early/late weekdays and weekend hours will be required based on the business needs of the IT department and HUECU.
- Attendance at after hours meetings and events also will be expected.
- This position is OT eligible and is part of the bargaining unit HUCTW.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.