East Stroudsburg University presently seeks an IT Support Assistant to serve as administrative support for the department of Computing and Communication Services and perform all associated department duties. Reviews equipment purchase requests for adherence to specifications and provides technical/non-technical assistance to end users of standardized software/hardware applications maintaining a high level of customer service. Processes invoices according to standards. Assists with budget development.
- Research hardware and software products and obtain prices for the campus community.
- Programming skills in support of the student information system.
- Obtain hardware and software quotations from multiple vendors.
- Order hardware and software packages for the campus community.
- Review department bills for errors and discrepancies.
- Code department bills for authorization and payment.
- Distribute bills and to campus affiliates.
- Work with vendors and campus affiliates to resolve billing and order issues.
- Handle quotations, research, and paperwork/electronic files for processing technology related requisitions that come to the department for authorizations.
- Follow-up with vendors for order information.
- Help troubleshoot and offer technical assistance to the campus community.
- Process invoices.
- Coordinate department travel, arrange for travel vouchers and process travel expenses.
- Answer department phone and email.
- Schedule director’s and department meetings. Maintain director’s calendar.
- Enter SAP requisitions for department and campus technology purchases.
- Prepare and produce reports from SAP.
- Prepare reports for the department.
- Maintain electronic file logs of department and campus information.
- Enter work orders from the department and campus community.
- Process department credit card statements.
- Perform general office duties such as typing, filing, copying, scheduling, and mail distribution.
- Prepare information for publication.
- Maintain an inventory of “charge back” supplies.
- Maintain supply and licensing agreements for all campus software.
- Proofread documents for errors.
- Ensure required materials are reproduced, collated, and distributed.
- Operate office machines.
- Supervise student workers and approve hours.
- Prepare requisitions and specifications from files.
- Maintain records paper and electronic.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or necessary.
- Work independently
- Assist campus users with Microsoft Office/Suite
Minimum requirements as described in the PA Commonwealth Class Specification for a Information Technology Technician position.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8AM through 4:30PM
Annual Salary: $45,184.00 .Final selection will be based upon a successful interview and background check. All candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. at the time of employment. Reimbursement for interview and relocation expenses are not available for this position.
Advertisement Period: 06/30/2021 through 7/14/2021
The University encourages applications from members of
historically under-represented groups, including women, veterans, and persons
with disabilities, and is an AA/EEO employer. East Stroudsburg University is
interested in hiring employees who have extensive experience with diverse
populations. To learn more about diversity at ESU and in our community, visit
our website at www.esu.edu/about/offices/diversity_equal_opportunity/index.cfm. For information on the University’s Annual Clery Crime and Fire
statistics report, please go to our University Police home page at: https://www.esu.edu/university_police/index.cfm
East Stroudsburg University of
Pennsylvania (ESU) was founded in 1893 and prides itself on placing students
first and on its commitment to student success. With 58 bachelor’s, 21 master’s
and two doctoral degree programs, the University has a current enrollment of
more than 5,800. ESU’s proximity to New York City and Philadelphia provides
convenient access to social activities while offering suburban, small city or
country living options in the heart of the Pocono region of Northeastern
Pennsylvania. ESU’s campus is also just minutes away from the country’s
largest water parks, scenic Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area, Appalachian
Trail, and other opportunities for recreational fun.
Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities, and Vietnam era Veterans are encouraged to apply at East Stroudsburg University where there is an intrinsic moral and legal commitment to AA/EEO
Visit our homepage at www.esu.edu