Department: School of Business
IT Support Associate
The George Mason University, School of Business is seeking a responsible IT Support Associate. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Position:
This is a temporary, part-time wage position (25 hours per week) at the rate of $20 per hour. Over time, if the candidate is interested, this position may include technical support and other IT functions. The IT Support Associate will report to the Director of Information Technology. The immediate need is for assistance in office moves through December 2021.
- Assist with computer hardware moves and relocation of office equipment;
- Assist with computer setup and maintenance;
- Assist with the delivery of printer supplies;
- Set up and support audio-visual systems, projectors and laptop computers;
- Some manual effort required such as handling 25-50 pounds of items.
- High school diploma, or equivalent;
- Some college coursework; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the technology support field;
- Must have excellent time management skills and attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with computer hardware is a plus;
- Prior demonstrated desktop support in a university setting.
Salary: $20 per hour
Location: Fairfax, VA
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position WG6310 at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Please note candidates will only be contacted if we believe the candidate is a strong match.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity.