Job ID: 295016
VICE PRES INFORMATION TECHNLGY (UA-VPIT-IUBLA)
At University Information Technology Services (UITS) we ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility, and
creativity, as well as a culture that champions inclusion, diversity, and overall employee well-being through programs supported university
wide. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which helps us to make amazing things happen in each
neighborhood, community, and county we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you
Support Center Tier 2 is a department within UITS that is dedicated to providing technical support to IU IT
Professionals and others across all IU campuses.
- Provides experienced technical consulting,
advising, and systems analysis services including multi-platform expertise for client-supported software and systems.
experienced system analysis techniques and procedures, conducts research and evaluates use of existing technology solutions and their future
releases, new product releases of client software, and emerging technologies, applications, and industry trends.
experienced advice and consultation on best practices of deployment of collaboration solutions; collaborates with appropriate technical
staff on unique problems requiring specialized knowledge .
- Conducts research and stays up-to-date on emerging technologies;
makes recommendations to improve IT support processes and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with clients in resolving
- Provides informal and formal training to faculty, staff, and students on information technology; provides
training, leadership, and mentors junior level appointed support staff.
- Ensures all documentation standards are met (issues,
Specific department responsibilities:
- Provides experienced
technical consulting, advising, and systems analysis to IT Professionals from all IU campuses on IT products/services, including but not
limited to: Windows, Exchange Online, SharePoint, O365, macOS, Jamf, DEP, Google Workspace, Adobe, and Linux.
- Manages Tier 3
tickets for Microsoft and Adobe on behalf of IU.
- Acts as an escalation path for the Support Center Frontline Team.
Provides backup to the Health Technology Services (HTS) Phone Support Team, handling overflow calls and assisting with coverage as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 2 years providing technical computing support to users via direct
consultation, development, and delivery of computing education, writing user documentation, or related experience.
- Experience supporting endpoint management solutions (SCCM, Jamf, AirWatch, DEP).
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES
- Certification from CompTIA and/or Microsoft.
Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and
priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced,
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
- Friendly and service-oriented.
- Excellent organizational
- Sound understanding of mobile technology (Devices, Operating Systems, and Applications), network fundamentals (LAN/WAN
and Wireless), Internet messaging protocols (ssh, SSL, SMTP, IMAP, MAPI) and IP Telephony.
- Strong understanding of Windows
Active Directory, Group Policy Objects (GPOs) management, patch management, network fundamentals, IP protocol suite and applications,
Exchange and various email client software.
- Proficiency in PowerShell and/or
Working Conditions / Demands
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and to
operate computers and other related technical equipment. The role is required to maintain and interact with computers and frequently move
objects weighing up to 50 pounds. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an
Career Level: Career
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Family: IT User Support
Click here to
learn more about Indiana University’s Job Framework.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal
employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the
basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or
complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX
Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Indiana University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. This institution is also a provider of ADA services.