Have iPhone? Want to maintain secrecy around your iPhone messages? Here are the iPhone tricks to hide your messages.
Have iPhone? Have something to hide? And do you have a deathly fear of someone reading the messages that you get or send from various people on your social media accounts? Privacy is crucial, especially in the time of this digital age when there is always a fear of getting your data leaked. However, personal problems can be something else you may want to hide from prying eyes around you, be they your friends, family, colleagues, wife, husband, girlfriend and more in case they see your phone lying around in your absence. Therefore, if keeping your messages and personal photos secret and secured is your primary goal, here is what you should be doing with your Apple iPhone. To help you out and bring added protection to your messages on an iPhone, we have provided the different ways to secure and hide your messages. This applies to your WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal, or iMessage accounts.
How to hide messages on iPhone
It doesn’t matter if you are hiding your messages when they’re clearly accessible via the Lock Screen and Notification Center. You should hide message notifications from appearing in the banner format for additional security. To hide messages notification on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app of your iPhone or even iPad.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Now, scroll down to search and select the Messages app.
- Then, uncheck Lock Screen, Notification Center, and Banners in the Alerts section. And, it’s done!
Hide iMessages using iPhone special feature
Your iPhone’s iMessage includes a privacy-focused bubble effect called “Invisible Ink,” which allows you to conceal your text. To see the hidden text, you will need to wipe away the invisible ink. To enable it:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone and then select a conversation.
- After that type your message and then, touch and hold the Send button and select the Invisible Ink option.
- And it’s done! Now, your iMessage will have the hidden blurry effect.
Lock WhatsApp, Telegram, and Signal with Face ID on iPhone
- To enable Face ID for WhatsApp on your iPhone, go to Settings in-app, and tap on Account. Do the same on Privacy and then Screen Lock. Now, you will need to turn on the switch towards right next to Require Face ID. Thereafter, it will give an option to choose to lock WhatsApp immediately after you close the app, after 1 minute or 15 minutes or 1 hour.
- If you are not into WhatsApp and prefer to use Telegram instead, then open the app, go to Settings and tap on Privacy and security. After that, go to Passcode & Face ID and simply turn on the toggle bar for Unlock with Face ID.
- As far as maintaining secrecy on Signal is concerned, go to the app and tap on your Profile icon. Move towards the Privacy option and then turn on the Screen lock to your Signal app.