Lead Back-end Django Developer
A client of Scalable Path’s is looking for a Lead Back-end Django Developer. This is a remote, full-time position. The client is also open to candidates who are available part-time.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is developing a financial platform offering insight/reporting, funding and transactions in the secondary market for both companies and investors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is an opportunity to be a lead developer for a growing technology team, working on a Django application in the FinTech space. The client is a 12-month old, well-funded startup who develops a market place for unlisted companies and modules to support this within Northern Europe. As part of their solution, the client is working on a groundbreaking blockchain pilot to be introduced during 2022.
What you will do:
- Develop the core backend business logic and APIs
- Make technical decisions and determine development methodologies etc.
- Contribute to an overall platform responsibility
Who you are:
· 5+ years of Python development experience
· 3+ years of Django experience
· 1+ years of Docker experience
· Experience with Azure or AWS
· Experience leading teams would be nice to have
The successful candidate can be located anywhere in the world that has reasonably good overlap with the CET time zone.
RELATIONSHIPS – WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be working closely with Chief Product Officer (CPO), the product team and CTO There is an existing daily meeting at 10:00am Europe/Oslo (+02:00) CEST.
START DATE: As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION: 12+ months
The intention is for this to become a long-term, ongoing position.
The client’s preference is for candidates to be located in Europe, Latin America, Canada, Africa or Asia.
The client can be flexible on when their daily meeting is between 10am and 6pm CET. The client prefers someone in the EU but are open to people from anywhere. The preference is for full-time, but they are open to part-time as well.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Django (Must have)
- Python (Must have)
- PostgreSQL (Must have)
- English Proficiency (Must have)
- Docker (Strongly preferred)
- Azure (Nice to have)
- Kubernetes (Nice to have)
- Blockchain (Nice to have)
- React (Nice to have)