Overview (Text Only): Join team as a Lodging System Specialist in Yellowstone National Park! Are you proficient with Opera, Kronos and CloudSuite? Then we have the job for you! Starting immediately, we are looking for a new System Specialist that can hit the ground running starting as early as next week. We work hard, but we like to have fun. In this role, you will get exposure to Lodging operations across all of Yellowstone National Park. The Details Position Type: Seasonal Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week Location: Based out of Mammoth Hot Springs in the park Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park. Xanterra Travel Collection is a global travel and Hospitality Company, and the United States’ largest operator of park-based hotels, restaurants and stores. From the incredible depths of the Grand Canyon to the awe-inspiring heights of Mount Rushmore, and from extraordinary cruises to cycling and walking vacations that take you all over the world, Xanterra Parks & Resorts’ operations encompass some of the most spectacular and iconic places on Earth. We are renowned for “legendary hospitality with a softer footprint”, and we take pride in combining these dramatic settings, landmark buildings, and global travel experiences with truly exceptional service. Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties towards the company goals, maximize guest service, and meet or exceed job expectations.
- Ensure consistency of training with presentation styles and content messaging, with direction from the Systems manager.
- Focus on all tasks associated with the specialty as they pertain to the lodging department. Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the specialty. Act as a resource for field managers and assistant managers on procedures, standards, and other company-wide policies and procedures.
- Assist with training Managers and Assistant Managers on job specific tasks and responsibilities, in conjunction with the Systems Manager, Management Training Department, and their respective Location Managers.
- Assist with developing new system programs as needed for all Lodging positions (housekeeping, campgrounds, and front desk). Communicating plans and outlines, updating as needed as procedures may change. Ensure all personnel are properly trained.
- Assist with Cloud Suite purchasing, ordering, and training staff in using the system.
- Assist with training, development and maintenance of Opera Property Management System.
- Review, train, and provide guidance with Kronos. Assist with the Lodging Payroll.
- Assist with annually updating job training manuals and aides.
- Assist with the opening and closing of all properties including all end of season inventories. Provide field staff guidance and help during this time.
- Assist in setting up and implementing procedures: such as for company sales promotions and special packages or programs, or changes in workflow.
- Review and respond to guest concerns involving the training process and procedures.
- Stay active in the specialty community attending functions, meetings, seminars and training.
- May act as a representative on Parkwide Safety Committee, YESC (Yellowstone Environmental Steward Council) and the Chemical Review Committee.
- To accomplish special projects as assigned and other duties.
- Assist other departments as needed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and count accurately.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Business writing skills.
- Effective teaching skills and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of computer programs; Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, LMS, AS400, Cloudsuite, Opera PMS, ORS, and Kronos
- Knowledge Company and Department policies and procedures.
- Must be 19 and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Overnight and in-park travel required.
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds as needed throughout the day; lifting and carrying of supplies sporadically throughout the day.
- Making beds, bending, kneeling, stretching, and reaching as needed.
- Standing for long periods of time, frequent walking up and down stairs, as well as in outdoor areas sporadically throughout the day.
- Speaking clearly in front of large audiences for several hours.
- Sitting and typing at a computer for extended periods of time.