Requisition Number: S1655P
Home Org Name: Instnl Research and Assesment
Division Name: Provost and VP Academic Affair
Job Class Code: HD01
Appointment Status: Full-time
Limited Term: No
Manager, Information & Analytics
Reporting to the Director, Institutional Research, this position manages the unit’s business intelligence needs by serving as the subject matter expert for analytical, statistical, and information sharing initiatives. Along with the Director, serves as an analytical point of contact for the University’s senior leadership, including President and Provost, to conduct research and authoring institutional studies to support strategic planning, institutional performance, evaluation and improvement.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
1. Researches, designs, and develops highly complex research and analyses on the University to support the information needs of the unit, the Office of the Provost, and senior University leadership; to include producing peer and trend analyses, conducting predictive modeling including statistical forecasting, performing equity analyses, or similar.
2. Designs data analytics applications using internal and external data sources to evaluate the University’s performance in the context of its peers, to support the University’s improvement, or to inform University stakeholders; manages implementation of the applications across the University, maintains and documents their status; provides expertise to end users on use and meaning within the national and global context of higher education.
3. Serves as the University’s ‘Certifying Officer’ to the Alabama Commission on Higher Education; manages compliance with the Student Unit Record Data System, a statutory requirement of the State of Alabama, to include development, maintenance, quality control, and documentation of supporting databases and database architecture.
4. Manages and improves processes to support data collection, analysis and dissemination of results through University-wide surveying efforts, including but not limited to the National Study of Instructional Costs, the COACHE Faculty Job Satisfaction Survey, the National Survey of Student Engagement. and surveying initiatives from internal clients such as the Senior Vice President for Student Affairs.
5. Manages the University’s engagement with Academic Analytics; collaborates with the Vice- President for Research and academic units to maintain currency of University data provided to Academic Analytics; serves as the University’s primary point of contact and provides expertise to University leadership in the use and analysis of the proprietary data available in the Academic Analytics portal.
6. May perform other duties as assigned.
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Field of Study
No specific discipline.
Years of Experience: 4
Area of Experience
Data analytics, forecasting, or visualizations; or experience in designing and developing business intelligence systems to support decision-making; or experience in designing or managing complex research projects using multiple data sources.
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Required Knowledge
Comprehensive knowledge and experience with external higher education institutional reporting agencies, including IPEDS, highly desirable.
Knowledgeable of business intelligence systems used to capture and report enterprise-level information.
Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
Knowledge of statistical and analytical survey instruments, protocol, and procedures.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Strong critical thinking and complex problem solving skills to analyze and interpret statistical and descriptive data.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Master’s degree or higher in social science or technology-related
Salary Grade: 38
Salary Range: $96,467 – $131,600
Job Category: Other
City position is located in
State position is located
Closing Date: 05/27/2022
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment.
Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Auburn University is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and equal opportunity educational institution.