Staff & Executive – Information Technology
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrated a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 70,800 students and 27,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Rutgers University-New Brunswick took root over 250 years ago. We are the state’s most comprehensive intellectual resource-the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American Universities. We are the region’s most high-profile public research institution and a leading national research center with a global impact.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Manager, Information Technology for the Office of Information Technology (OIT) -Enterprise Service Delivery. Reporting to the IT Director of Technical Systems and Services, the position is responsible for leading the New Brunswick Student Computer Lab support team. The position provides oversight and direction for four full-time system administrators in the support and maintenance of 1,400 public computers, fifteen classrooms, and various departmental facilities and well as virtual lab offerings.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Work directly with the campus managers and their staff to ensure smooth operations of the computer lab facilities and a high-quality service offering.
- Responsible to act in a back-up capacity to their staff.
- Coordinates the team’s adoption of ServiceNow to facilitate service requests and be expected to take a proactive role to evolve the student labs to meet changing user demands.
- Coordinates management tasks related to the operation of the New Brunswick Computer Lab.
- Provides oversight and direction to the New Brunswick Lab Operations team.
- Sets goals, manages budgets, and communicates with our partners to ensure a high-quality service across physical and virtual labs.
Position Status: Full Time
Daily Work Shift: Day
Annual Minimum Salary: 91283.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 115475.000
Annual Maximum Salary: 139668.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Admin Assembly (MPSC)
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment: Staff – 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of information technology management principles.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in a technical field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of university protocols and systems.
- Strong communications, consultative and interpersonal skills, including oral, written and presentation.
- Demonstrated teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of managing devices in a large-scale enterprise environment using automated workflows.
- iOS/macOS support.
- Basic understanding of networking and authentication protocols.
- Various desktop and notebook computers, printers, and device management tools.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to drive a university vehicle and lift equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Posting Open Date: 11/10/2021
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Rutgers University – New Brunswick
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8554