Manager, Information Technology I
The University of Central Florida, Communications and Marketing Technology Services is searching for a Manager, Information Technology I.
- Plan, develop, maintain, and support information technology systems and operations. This sub-group includes information technology jobs with primary duties that are so diverse they span multiple sub-families.
- Supervise desktop technicians that provide desktop hardware and software support to CM division users.
- Provide technical guidance to desktop technicians and other technology service staff.
- Perform system administration tasks, including installation, configuration, and monitoring of CM division servers.
- Plan, design and implement client-server configurations, client computers, peripheral components, and supporting servers.
- Plan, design, and work with UCF IT to implement network infrastructure to support CM division needs.
- Work with UCF IT staff to ensure network issues are resolved and network performance is optimal.
- Consult with vendors regarding problematic hardware and software issues to ensure compatibility and proper functioning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Communications and Marketing, UCF Marketing
Monday through Friday; 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with occasional evenings and weekends
Type of Appointment:
$64,518 to Negotiable
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience.
Additional Minimum Requirements:
Mac management capabilities such as JAMF or Intune.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
If selected as the final candidate for an employment opportunity with Communications & Marketing Technology Services, both your position and salary will be significantly based on the information that has been provided in your application for employment. We urge you to please (1) take the time to complete the application in its entirety; (2) provide a resume; and (3) include current/most recent/former professional references.
Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation is that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Additional Requirements related to Research Positions:
Pursuant to Florida State Statute 1010.35, prior to offering employment to certain individuals in research related positions, UCF is required to conduct additional screening. Applicants subject to additional screening include any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of education, employment, or training in China, Cuba, Iran, Russia, North Korea, Syria, or Venezuela.
The additional screening requirements only apply to research-related positions, including, but not limited to faculty, graduate positions, individuals compensated by research grants or contract funds, post-doctoral positions, undergraduate positions, visiting assistant professors, and visiting research associates.
These requirements do not apply to U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents if the employment or training was/is through an agency of the U.S. Government. For more information on what information must be provided and the screening process, please see: https://corona.research.ucf.edu/screening-process-for-research-positions/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request. The UCF’s affirmative action plans for qualified individuals with disabilities and protected Veterans are available for inspection in the Office for Institutional Equity, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.