Adler U is currently recruiting for a Manager, IT
Infrastructure. Under the general guidance of the AVP, Information Technology, the Manager of IT Infrastructure will be accountable for the
transformation and management of Adler’s infrastructure throughout North America. The Manager of IT Infrastructure oversees our partner
ecosystem and internal IT infrastructure team to manage on-premises network and cloud infrastructure, information security, 24-hours
monitoring, and support for all critical university applications, infrastructure, and client computing services; while leveraging industry
knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the Department of Information Technology and the institution. Supports
culture development and management efforts.
The Manager of IT Infrastructure provides thought-leadership and holds responsibility for
the continual analysis and evolution of current systems and be expected to provide recommendations based on the review and evaluation of
existing and emerging technologies. The Manager of IT Infrastructure will collaborate with IT project management, and support teams to
deliver projects as part of the technology organization’s objectives of sustainable cost efficiency and improvement of IT services in
support of Adler’s overall strategic priorities. The role develops and monitors processes, procedures, workflows, and policies in alignment
with established University policies and enterprise best practices (ITIL).
bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information systems is required or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience managing and supporting enterprise
infrastructure and networked systems.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience leading as an Infrastructure Manager or similar
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with cloud-based Infrastructure (Azure and/or AWS).
- One of the following certifications (or higher) preferred: MCSE, CCNA, Azure, AWS,
ITIL, Six Sigma, PMP
- Commitment to diversity and building an inclusive
- Outstanding deductive and investigative skills to identify and diagnose complex, non-intuitive technical problems
- Demonstrate self-motivation and a strong technical understanding of enterprise hardware, applications, and networked
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, along with patience and a positive,
- Demonstrated experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages and tools to automate repetitive
- Demonstrated experience with cybersecurity risk management best practices (Microsoft Defender ATP, firewalls, 802.1x
authentication, certificate management, VPN, SIEM, MFA, Microsoft 365 DLP policies, least privilege, Bitlocker, etc.)
experience managing and demonstrated excellence troubleshooting across several infrastructure disciplines, including (but not limited to)
Microsoft 365, Microsoft Intune, ADFS, Azure AD, Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, DHCP, Windows server operating systems, SAN storage,
virtualization (VMware), server hardware, networking, VoIP, security technologies, and monitoring solutions.
- Sound understanding of
infrastructure-as-code practices using industry-standard tools.
- Sound understanding of infrastructure compliance requirements in a
clinical, higher education setting such as FERPA and HIPAA.
- Exercises an advanced level of troubleshooting skills in response to
complex problems, questions, and inquiries that have been escalated by the Service Desk and junior staff.
- Ability to consistently
identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations.
- Ability to proactively identify challenges
and barriers to stated objectives and employ assistance in addressing these.
- Strong collaboration acumen and
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity.
- Strong communication acumen including written,
oral, and listening.
Supervision: System Administrator
Essential Duties &
- Oversee the IT infrastructure function, responsible for people management and driving a positive team
culture that continually encourages creativity, ownership, and accountability.
- Accountable for the ongoing management, reliability,
availability, and performance of Adler’s IT infrastructure, ERP and CRM applications, and web services including on-premises physical and
VMWare-based virtual servers and cloud services running in Microsoft Azure.
- Manage aggressive systems security operations across
technology systems, including malware protection systems, security updates, intrusion detection, and prevention, vulnerability
testing/mitigation, access control management/auditing, firewall/VPN management, log review, etc.
- Recruit, develop, lead, and retain
a high-performing, effective, and diverse team that practices continuous improvement.
- Lead the design, implementation, proactive
management, and troubleshooting of technology infrastructure solutions, including but not limited to cloud infrastructure and platforms,
applications, data centers, network, telecom, servers, storage, end-user devices, management & monitoring solutions.
- Develop and
maintain policies and procedures for the administration and configuration of infrastructure services.
- Oversee the preparation and
maintenance of the organization’s disaster recovery and business continuity plans for information systems to ensure business risks are
addressed within appropriate recovery timeframes.
- Respond to internal and external threats to systems security.
- Promote and
advance the automation of our infrastructure services (e.g. PowerShell, CI/CD, etc.).
- Establish partnerships with internal and
external stakeholders and vendors to facilitate problem resolution and the identification of opportunities for using technologies to
automate and streamline business processes so that they are secure, reliable, efficient, and cost-effective.
- Development of business
cases including financial modeling and strategic planning as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned or needed.
Work Environment (Physical Demands): The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the
following physical demands: some lifting to 25 pounds, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally,
the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in
all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as
responds, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect, and
composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School’s Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies
through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts the success of the team above own
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to
life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions, and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and
completes projects and activities in a professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs
while maintaining the highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key
- Supports and models the School’s Values of social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the
individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism, and collaboration.
- Articulates the School’s Vision,
Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School’s Vision, Mission,
and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the
School’s strategic plan and key strategies.
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our
staff/faculty and their families, as well as our stakeholders, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost
importance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily be performed remotely. The successful candidate will train and work
from home until such time as it is determined that role will return to the campus full-time.
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including
unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of
Adler’s equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females,
disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled
persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities