Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 20112147
Department: Information Technology Dept
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Job Summary: Provides leadership for the client computing services team responsible for providing IT customers with client computing equipment and support. Implements technologies and practices to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery. Promotes standardization and adoption of best practices for managing client computing across the university using persuasive influence and collaborative relationships. Organizes and coordinates the activities associated with installation, deployment, upgrade and maintenance of software, hardware and network facilities relating to the desktop environment. Determines customer needs and incorporates them into the design and overall plan for desktop support.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee and coordinate the daily activities of the client computing services team.
- Establish priorities and set direction to meet both short and long term goals.
- Establish, monitor, and analyze performance metrics for evaluation of service delivery
- Establish and maintain client computing standards including integration with procurement processes
- Establish standardized processes and tools for managing client computing assets.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with distributed academic technicians to support collaborative work assignments and increase standardization.
- Define, organize, and provide technical leadership for client computing related projects
- Support client computing requirements for IT departmental projects
- Evaluate and recommend client computing solutions to enhance user productivity
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to needs of the university.
Minimum Education Required:
Associate degree required in a directly related field, bachelors degree preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
Minimum Experience Required: Three (3) years directly related experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. One (1) year supervisory experience preferred.
Certification(s) Required: Any relevant technical certification, with a preference on Microsoft certifications.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows based computer hardware and software. Extensive knowledge of using and supporting desktop operating systems, including Windows and Mac OS, mobile operating systems, and a wide variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Active Directory including group and object management, policy tasks, access control and authorization.
- Experience with enterprise endpoint management and deployment solutions, such as Microsoft Intune and Microsoft SCCM
- Direct relevant supervisory experience in technical support field to provide technical expertise.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, competing, high-priority projects.
- Independent problem-solving and decision-making, self-direction, and ability to manage a complex workload.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work collaboratively and effectively with peers.
Lamar Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses, and solutions to customer requests.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 06/18/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.
Lamar University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants receive equal consideration in the selection process.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.