Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a small, private, not-for-profit college in Burlington, Vermont overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack mountains, with additional campuses in Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland. Its career-driven approach to higher education prepares students for professional life from their very first semester. For the fifth year in a row, Champlain was named a “Most Innovative School” in the North by U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” 2020 regional rankings and listed among The Princeton Review’s “The Best 385 Colleges” in 2020. Champlain is also featured in the 2021 Fiske Guide to Colleges as one of the “best and most interesting schools” in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain and is recognized as a 2020 College of Distinction for its “Engagement, Teaching, Community, and Outcomes. The College offers 30 undergraduate degrees as well as online undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs.
Champlain’s Centers of Experience provide students from across all majors with experiential learning environments that guide them in how to take their classroom knowledge and put it to the test in practical applications allowing them to gain real-world experience firsthand. Each Center connects Champlain to the local community and the world, turning theory into practice. The Centers entrust students with responsibility, engage them in ambitious goals and empower them to lead with creativity, confidence, insight, and integrity. At the helms of the Centers are cutting-edge industry professionals who share the goal of providing the most relevant, career-focused education, enriched with hands-on learning opportunities.
The Leahy Center for Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity at Champlain College seeks a full-time Manager of IT Managed Support Services. Since opening in 2010, The Leahy Center has become the central hub of digital forensics and cybersecurity at Champlain College. The Leahy Center provides digital forensics and cybersecurity services to a wide variety of organizations, from government bodies to local businesses. The mission of The Leahy Center is to serve as a practical and hands-on laboratory environment, promoting the advancement of digital forensics & cybersecurity education at Champlain College and in our community. As a member of the Leahy Center team, the major role of this position is to be responsible for the daily operation of the IT Managed Support Services team, all of the ancillary tasks related to operating a call center with student labor will be within the purview of this position.
The Manager of IT Managed Support Services will be the top level of technical support available to the IT Managed Support Services Technicians. Proper escalation, continuity, resolution, and follow-through within the limits of our Service Level Agreement will be critical to providing the highest quality of service to the Leahy Center and our clients.
This position is also responsible for developing, maintaining, and delivering a pipeline series of technical qualifications to the IT Managed Support Services Technicians. The identification and development of reporting, policies, and procedures will round out the role of this position.
The Manager of IT Managed Support Services will work with the Leahy Center Director, Leahy Center Academic Director, and Dean of the Division of Information Technology and Sciences to
Hire, schedule, train, and supervise student employees for the IT Managed Support Services team.
Provide advanced-level technical support for all IT related in-house and client-facing work.
- Work closely with the Manager of Security Managed Support Services to ensure client service goals are met and student teams are performing to appropriate standards.
- Manage all invoicing and client-facing work budgets related to IT Managed Support Services.
- Work with college Legal /Risk Management on contracts and risk management.
- Maintain the policies and training required for Leahy Center employees to be engaged in professional services work. (For example, HIPPA)
- Engage in professional development as needed to fill the knowledge gaps in providing professional services.
- Research and implement new computing technologies on Leahy Center networks as well as clients networks.
- Direct the installation and use of security tools (e.g., firewalls, data encryption), to protect sensitive information
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms.
- Review reports on incidents and breaches.
- Participate in business development activities and strategic initiatives.
- Engage in marketing initiatives and recruiting events.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Systems Administration, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity or related field.
- Experience in Systems Administration, Cybersecurity, or Information Assurance.
- As this position entails overseeing teams of college students, teaching experience, mentoring, or demonstrated experience leading teams is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- An ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
- The ability to self-organize, self-motivate, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
In order to be considered for the position, you must upload a resume.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice: