Provide Exceptional Guest Service to Our People. Join the Human Resource Department in Yellowstone National Park!
The Field operations Manager is a full time year round position located in the Gardiner area of Yellowstone National Park. This position
reports directly to the Assistant HR Director.
To learn more about the Human Resource department in Yellowstone, click here!
What We Provide
- Company provided housing
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Xanterra Travel Collection is on the front end of a 20-year concessions contract with the National Park Service. Yellowstone National Park Lodges serves approximately 4 million visitors yearly, 3500 employees in park housing, 2000 guest rooms, and 1200 campsites. There are nearly 800 structures under our care throughout Yellowstone including a new LEED Platinum dormitory and 2 National Historic Landmarks in the Old Faithful Inn and Lake Yellowstone Hotel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Support Field HR leaders with documentation and investigations
- Ensures consistent application of company policies, practice and procedures, work rules, corrective action history, relevant laws and best practices.
- Provides front-line support in the prevention, identification, investigation and resolution of employee relations issues.
- Manages the administration of Xanterra’s drug testing program
- Manages dorm CEA purchases related to park-wide facilities
- Act as the point person for engineering related to housing development projects
- Follow up and assist on ensuring best possible NPS inspection scores for all employee housing units
- Be the primary support for pest related incidents in employee housing, coordinating response from outside organizations and follow up as appropriate
- Organize and coordinate the assignment, tracking, and necessary follow up as related to employee RV sites
- Work with Assistant Director of HR with coordination and implementation of training for all field HR and Housing personnel
- Manage the administration of year-round housing process
Skills and Knowledge:
- Developed management skills relating to training, time management, organization, leadership, decision making, problem solving, and interpersonal communication
- Office organization skills
- Basic business administration skills
- General knowledge of data systems
- Policy and Procedure compliance
- Familiarity with seasonal housing operation
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification. If currently not certified must attain certification within 1 year of stepping into role.
- Must be able to lift items up to 50 pounds and shovel snow
- Must be able to walk and/or stand a minimum of 30 minutes at a time
- Must be able to walk up to 1 mile continuously
- Must be able to kneel or lay flat on the ground to inspect employee rooms and bathrooms
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain, including icy and snow covered areas
- Must be able to remain seated for periods of 30-120 minutes or longer