The Manager of Research Computing Service
Support and Outreach is responsible for managing the team that delivers technical support, training, and assistance in the use of Research
Computing services in an advanced computing environment. This position manages current and identifies new centrally funded and researcher
Buy-in service models that utilize local, regional, and national Research Computing resources. The Manager oversees accounts administration,
resource requests, show-back reporting, and coordinates the delivery of Research Computing focused training, documentation, communications,
and outreach for the University Research community. This position and its reports facilitate with researchers in understanding their
Research Computing requirements and identifying existing services and contacts both within and outside of the University to fulfill them.
The Manager engages with peers to share knowledge and identify potential support and research collaborations.
- Five to eight years experience required in the area of Research Computing.
degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong analytical skills required with an ability to manage multiple
projects and deliverables.
- Extensive knowledge of the delivery of high-performance and high throughput computing
- Experience with utilizing computing on large scale clusters.
- Extensive communication
skills specifically with the research community and finance, sourcing, and post award administrative departments
- Ability to work well both independently as well as in a team.
- Experience with cross departmental and institutional
collaborations a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal