Office Manager Technical Support Specialist I
Department: Office of Information Technology
Posting Number: 201201163
Full or Part Time:
Tenure/Non-Tenure: Non-Tenure Track
Salary Basis: 12 month
Office of Information Technology is seeking applicants for an Office Manager/Technical Support Specialist Level 1. This position will
provide day to day support for the Office of Information Technology which will include senior secretarial functions for the office, hiring
and managing student employees, managing bills, and answering lower level technical questions throughout the day. The successful candidate
needs to be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a stressful environment while maintaining a good attitude.
- Perform secretarial functions including scheduling meetings for the CIO.
- Serve as the
department’s receptionist, greet incoming visitors, answering the telephone, and managing additional students to support the office.
- Managing the ordering of materials for the department, tracking purchase orders, maintaining vendor contacts.
inventory of office supplies.
- Manage students for campus switchboard, labs, technical support and office operations
- Maintain proper storage of all office documents including contracts, purchase order, requisitions, travel, and vendor billing.
- Answer lower level technical questions and provide assistance where necessary.
- Make sure all helpdesk cases are being handled
appropriately and assist User Services Team to ensure cases are being closed efficiently and promptly. Notify CIO when issues arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position must have at least a high school diploma or
GED. Bachelors degree in business or computer related field preferred. Must possess a high level of computer acumen and a high level of use
of Banner, Word and Excel.
- Minimum of 5 years office experience.
- Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Word, Power
Point, and Excel.
- Responsible for the guidance and direction of between 5 and 10 student employees.
- Answers directly to
the CIO. Must be able to handle day to day task with little supervision.
12 monthCommensurate with experience,
qualifications, and universitys resources.
Instructions to Applicants:
Open Date: 07/26/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the
following link: Click Here
Delta State University is committed to a policy of equal
employment and educational opportunity. Delta State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy extends to all programs and activities supported by the