Operations Management (Yellowstone National Park Summer 2022)
Join Our Operations Team!
The Location Manager and Assistant Location Manager manages all aspects of locations in Yellowstone National Park including operations, personnel and guest satisfaction. This position oversees property appearances, operating costs and daily operation of their assigned location. Leads and directs others to ensure profitability.
We have Operations Management openings available for the 2022 season. Ideally, you will be available to work a full season (April through October ). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: April 2022
- Employment Type: Seasonal (April-October)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week
Perks & Benefits
In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities
All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Meals and housing costs are subject to change.
No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, van trips, hiking, and more).
$350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
Click here for more perks
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Candidates will receive a complete job description if offered a position.
Applicants are assigned jobs based on their level of experience. Please make sure you list all relevant experience on your application!
- Responsible for maximizing sales at the location and controlling expenses at all operating departments, with the objective of meeting or exceeding budgeted profits while maintaining expenses at budgeted levels.
- Continuous monitoring of product, service, and customer service attitude in all departments on location. Constant awareness of the appearance of both employees and property; ensure excellent quality of products in all outlets – product quality should always meet standards determined by Xanterra Parks and Resorts. Ensure that standards of service are
- Work closely with all support staff and department managers to further develop individual management abilities with the goal of consistent achievement of department financial and guest service objectives.
- Immediate follow-up on all deficiencies noted on National Park Service Evaluations. Location Managers will be expected to walk their location with the National Park Service during their properties formal evaluation. Following the formal evaluation, Location Managers are to work with their Regional Manager and Maintenance Manager to assign and ensure
- Respond positively and empathetically to all guest complaints with the objective of solving the problem to the satisfaction of both the guest and the Company prior to the departure of the guest.
- Ensure that accurate sales, payroll, and labor standard figures are reported to the Manager, Operations, the Manager, Operations, Old Faithful Area, and the Executive Director on a daily, weekly, and period end basis.
- Review weekly forecasts with all departments, review costed schedules based upon forecasted business volumes, and make appropriate staffing changes necessary to maintain budgeted labor to sales percentages for each department. Conduct daily and weekly audits of labor records to verify provided schedules match hours worked in each department.
- Review weekly work schedules with all supervisors in relation to forecasts, staffing guides, customer service needs/sacred hours, and equity among employees to ensure consistency, fairness, and meeting appropriate budgeted guidelines and percentages.
- Facilitates weekly location department manager meetings
- Ensures that proper lost and found procedures are followed by all personnel at the location
- Enforce all Company policies, procedures, and Core Values as determined by Xanterra Parks and Resorts.
- Constant evaluation of safety concerns throughout all departments. Continually evaluate procedures and/or physical areas for potential hazards in which the Company may ultimately be liable. Monitor, with the help of the Assistant Location Manager/Safety Lead, all aspects of Company fire/safety training programs to minimize accidents to both employe
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department and location Personnel Manager to ensure employee satisfaction and esteem is managed. Ensure that all employee complaints, regardless of the issue, are turned over to the Personnel Manager and/or Human Resources Department immediately.
- Oversee management of all Category I employee housing
- Provide written evaluations of all Category I managers, with input and feedback from Support Departments, twice during each operating season
- Hotel Location Managers and Assistant Location Managers will be required to be “on call” for evening and nighttime coverage of their locations. During these times, Location Management will be required to respond to all guest concerns, and in the absence of on call Personnel Management, respond to any employee issues in Company housing.
- Maintain a daily manager’s log of all events taking place on location. Entries into the manager’s log are to be professional and represent an objective view of all employee and guest issues that have taken place during the course of the operating season. At the end of the season, the Location Manager is to provide this log to the Executive Director
- This position will be expected to work a variety of hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights (graveyard shifts are possible), weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Operations, the Manager, Operations, Old Faithful Area, Executive Director, Operations, and/or the General Manager
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Business Management or Hospitality Degree or 3-5 years equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Motivational, organizational, and time management skills
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to review and analyze financial documents
- Possession of valid driver’s license preferred but not required