- Ensuring the safety, operation, maintenance, and compliance of all LP, Diesel, and Gasoline Fuel Systems (containers, vaporizers, dispensers, piping, and pressure regulators) under Xanterra responsibility.
- Managing product storage using software such as WESROC and Veeder-Root systems and physical inspection.
- Coordinating fuel orders and delivery with location maintenance, contractors, and suppliers.
- Working with team to ensure proper operation of all fuel-related equipment (kitchen appliances, boilers, heaters).
- Developing and implementing preventive and corrective maintenance and quality assessments for all fuel systems.
- Ensuring all Fuel Systems meet or exceed, OSHA, CFR, NFPA (30, 54, 58), and all other applicable laws and codes.
- Performing and revising opening and closing procedures for all fuel systems and related components/equipment.
- Developing and delivering quality training for the proper operation and troubleshooting of Fuel Systems.
- Maintaining detailed maintenance records including labor and materials expended and document in the CMMS.
- Confirming that all installations and repairs meet current codes and industry standard specifications.
- Advising and coordinating long-range planning of projects and tasks with the Engineering management team.
- Reviewing construction plans and conducting inspections during installations.
- Coordinating with other departments, outside service contractors, consultants, and the National Park Service.
- Supervising all fuel system line locates.
- Performing other duties as assigned and complying with Xanterra’s Our Softer Footprint Program.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have or possess the ability to obtain within 60 days of employment:
- Propane Education and Research Council (PERC) Certified Employee Training Program (CETP) 1, 3, 4.2
- Line Locator certification
- Certification for Cathodic Protection Testing
- Montana and Wyoming DEQ UST/AST Class A/B Tank Operator
- OSHA 24-hour HAZWOPER Certification
- Working knowledge of relevant National Codes and OSHA.
- Knowledge of materials and equipment common to the trade and the use of test equipment.
- Threading, fitting, and installation of 3/8”-6” pipe
- Leak checking, leak testing, and leak troubleshooting
- LP Regulator adjustment
- Waterbath Vaporizer Maintenance
- Fuel pumps and valves
- Must possess the analytical ability required to perform (for fuel related components) predictive, scheduled and emergency maintenance for all diesel and LP fired equipment and appliances.
- Strong technical reading, writing and organizational skills.
- Must be able to facilitate group training for safety, operation of equipment, and quality control.
- Must be at least 21 years old and possess a current, valid driver’s license a good driving record for the past 3 years.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate at all levels, especially training.
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess physical stamina and condition to withstand heavy labor related work in an outside environment.
- Must be able to stand, bend, kneel and crawl for consistent long periods of time.
- Able to suspend work in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Promote Xanterra Company sustainability initiatives by preventing any negative impacts to the environment and incorporating best management practices.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status