Principal Systems Officer [Data] (AO7)
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for managing foundational data flows between enterprise systems, spatial and business intelligence platforms using contemporary data management practices to ensure capability products meet the decision requirements needs across planning, preparedness, response and recovery phases of disaster management. You will be required to work with key stakeholders and partners to develop and implement projects and ensure product release cycles, information, data integrity, appropriate data storage technologies and scripts are maintained to meet best practice and corporate governance.
See the full role description via the employer link for all details.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Ability to work on-site is required. Partial telecommuting arrangements are available via negotiation.
Highly desirable requirements
- In-depth experience using Python scripting to deliver robust and repeatable data workflows and systems integrations.
- Knowledge and/or experience analysing and manipulating spatial data using ESRI Geographical Information System products, including using python scripting environments, and/or FME.
- Knowledge and/or experience managing data from multiple sources, at scale, in a Business Intelligence system such as Tableau or Power BI, including data sources i.e. files, databases, REST endpoints, etc.
- Experienced with risk-based planning, or risk assessments at a large project / organisational level.
About the Company
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of role
Advanced Capability Support contributes to the department by supporting the planning, development and production implementation of decision information support systems spanning multiple hazards. Consisting of a team of technical and operational specialists, the unit is responsible for the managing a range of specialist analytics and decision support tools and systems that enable QFES to meet community needs.