products and enrich the lives of the Stanford University community. In this position, you will:
- Collaborate with front- and
back-end developers, partners, and leadership as the Product Manager for Stanford Mobile.
- Build UI mockups, documentation,
and prototypes that illustrate how the application functions and looks to advise developers.
- Present to different audiences, from
end-users to senior leadership, on the status of your products.
- Continuously learn and iterate on your product through usability
testing and analytics gathering to advise your strategy and roadmap.
- Empathize with the user to build an excellent product
experience that solves problems or drives engagement.
Endpoint Engineering and Development
(EED) provides a portfolio of products and services that solve problems and build experience. EED offers software
development, systems engineering, product management, and visual design. EED is part of University Information Technology
(UIT), a 600-person strong organization supporting 100+ services.
EED takes pride in bringing a mobile and desktop
experience to Stanford because supporting the research and education mission of a world-class university can positively impact the world. We
build Stanford Mobile, highlighting content from across the campus in an engaging way. We also engineer software and
systems that support tens of thousands of people at the University.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience, or a
combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated product
management skills, including the ability to influence without authority and the ability to manage multiple projects/programs
- The ability to work effectively with decision-makers across many levels of the organization.
developing new business opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience with various marketing elements (e.g. pricing, audience, channels,
- Demonstrated experience presenting to senior management.
- Excellent written and oral communication
Core duties include:
- Lead the decision-making process to define product strategy which crafts
and continually improves upon a portfolio development and marketing strategy.
- Provide direction to others for implementation of
the business development strategy to meet the product goals.
- Inspire change so that the portfolio continues to meet the needs of
- Run the delivery and experience that leads to high customer happiness and advocacy for the program/product
- Coordinate research activities to guide critical initiatives.
- Handle key vendor relationships.
Why Stanford is For You
Envision a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved
through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the
world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our
culture and outstanding perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs,
tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to an outstanding author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our premier exercise facilities. We
also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more!
How to Apply
Interested? We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical
examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
This position is eligible for full-time remote work from any location in the U.S., with periodic
visits to campus once travel restrictions are lifted.
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.