Project and Product Management Lead III 6279BR Finance & Administration ITS Project Management Office
Detailed Job Description
As part of the ITS Project and Product Management office, this position is primarily responsible for managing projects and programs, overseeing IT products and improving organizational agility.
In leading the data and analytics program at RIT, you will enable RIT’s leap from data to insights, managing a diverse portfolio of Analytics projects, leading high-profile initiatives and collaborating with cross-functional partners to ensure awareness, agreement, alignment and commitment. Projects range from innovative pilots that show case predictive analytics to major capabilities that bridge Business Intelligence and business needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Collaborate and partner with members of the campus community to provide tangible, repeatable, long-term benefits to the campus community
- Partner with organizations across campus, aiding them with achieving their strategic goals, key initiatives and operational IT activities
- Lead RIT initiatives; manage projects; oversee IT products, implement and improve ITS services.
- Foster on-going communication and collaboration between business partners, product and project teams, stakeholders and senior campus leaders.
- Communicates complex technical information in an easy to understand way, leveraging deep technical expertise when necessary.
- Coach teams and individuals to become self-reliant and able to continually inspect, adapt, and further refine practices and skills that help them to work more effectively
- Provide tools, techniques, best practices, teaching and coaching for project, product and program management as well as team development.
- Lead, facilitate, and support change across the University by identifying and evaluating opportunities for improvement.
- Lead initiatives focused on continuous process improvement and innovation.
As a level III Project and Product Management Lead, you are expected to be a subject matter expert in a specialized or multiple technologies, products, programs, and process areas. The scope and impact of your work will frequently extend to a variety of other units, teams, areas of specialization, and departments. Work is accomplished with limited oversight and problems may require the development of new approaches, methods or techniques, requiring a high degree of innovation and creativity. You will serve as a trusted advisor to management and share your expertise with others. You may also provide guidance, coaching, and training to other employees.
*Typical responsibilities are intended to represent the type of tasks required and should not be construed as a comprehensive list of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Supervisors retain discretion to assign or modify work tasks as needed based on specific job requirements.
As part of the ITS job family, this position is primarily responsible for partnering with the university to advance the RIT vision by providing reliable, secure, and innovative information technology services and solutions. Responsibilities include analysis of IT solutions and services, development and deployment of IT solutions and services, maintenance and support of IT solutions and services, effective alignment of IT solutions and services to functional business needs, and/or strategic alignment of IT and business.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 to 7 years of related experience in IT program management including managing overall program by developing and implementing long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
- Broad knowledge of area of specialization with ability to transfer knowledge and application of complex principles, theories and concepts to peers. Broad understanding of industry best practices, techniques and standards. Subject matter expert in multiple technologies, products, programs, process areas. Has intermediate/practical knowledge of project or program management.
Employment Category: Fulltime
Staff Job Function:
Required Application Documents
How to Apply In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
Rochester Institute of Technology, the 10th largest private university in the U.S., is among the worlds leading technological universities. Its 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries are enrolled in over 200 academic programs, including 7 interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs. A pioneer in experiential education, RIT was the first to offer undergraduate degree programs in biotechnology, information technology, software engineering, and microelectronic engineering. As home to the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, the university offers unparalleled academic opportunities and services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Founded in 1829, RIT has 115,000 alumni throughout the United States and around the world. RIT has been named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the Great Colleges to Work For. RIT is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation site, and is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples through the Upstate NY Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. For more information, visit www.rit.edu/overview/rankings-and-recognition and www.rit.edu.
As a member of the RIT community employees receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with an employees pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs. More on RITs Benefits, Health & Wellness program can be found at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/benefits-health-and-wellness
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov