Purdue University Fort Wayne is seeking a Project Leader to join our Information Technology Services team. The successful candidate will research, analyze, develop, plan, lead, and execute complex technology projects across the organization. Additional responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain MECM (SCCM) bundles. Record, restrict and audit license usage of these objects and their associated software applications as necessary. Create and maintain OSX and iOS filesets for deployment through Jamf system.
- Coordinate software licensing related agreements including participation in the negotiation of software license negotiations with vendors.
- Administer the distribution of licensed software, computer media and site licenses including timely review and removal of existing licenses. Oversee the maintenance of appropriate license servers.
- Develop, maintain and support operating system images and supporting technologies for imaging lab-based PC and Macintosh computers. Additional duties include upgrading and implementation of new OS platforms with integration with MECM (SCCM) and other technologies in support of this imaging process. Generate software license reports for vendor compliance and develop documentation necessary to support the installation of software that is available.
- Review, install, test and develop planning for necessary application and OS deployment architecture changes and ultimate implementation of new technologies to support the imaging and software delivery process.
Find out why so many are taking advantage of a career at Purdue University Fort Wayne! Employees enjoy:
- Free tuition through Purdue University Global
- Fee remission for a traditional Purdue degree for yourself, spouse, and children
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Support for professional development opportunities
- Live and work in an affordable, family friendly community
- Experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Six to seven years of experience in one or more of the following areas: systems, computer lab/desktop management, network, servers, database administration, application development.
- Broad range of experience operating systems and application distribution / management with project management and leadership experience.
- Broad general knowledge base including mobile products, networks, computer labs / desktop management, and applications.
- Must have working knowledge of application virtualization with strong oral / written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface with various technical staff as well as end users and ability to function as a business analyst to determine end user needs.
- For highest consideration, please submit a resume cover letter, and contact information for three professional references
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
Purdue University Fort Wayne seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Purdue Fort Wayne is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Purdue Fort Wayne is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Sep 22, 2021
PUFW is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/
Affirmative Action Employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.