Department: School – IT-Chief Information Officer – W875010
Job Type: Full-Time
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
direction of the Director, Project Management & Implementation or designee, the Project Manager is responsible for supporting information
technology projects at the UMass Medical School. The overall responsibility of this position is to ensure that projects address customer
requirements, and projects are completed on time and within budget. The project manager will adhere to UMMS’s project management
guidelines, with the goal of insuring quality deliverables that achieve customer satisfaction.
- Plan, coordinate, and document project related activities of smaller scale projects, manage resources
within an assigned project team, or act as a sole contributor. May lead sub-components of a project
- Coordinate the project
management process and methodologies through all phases of a project’s lifecycle for projects within low complexity business and technical
- May assist the project’s sponsor to refine the project scope and objectives, including any constraints
and maintain relationships with the project’s sponsor, customer, functional managers, and project team.
- Communicate with all
appropriate parties to ensure that the project’s objectives, scope, and expected deliverables of each project phase are understood.
Facilitate communication of the project’s status, budget, costs, issues, and related information to same
- Direct and lead an
assembled project team in effectively addressing the client’s requirements according to the project’s schedule and approved
budget. Responsible for developing the project plan including the schedule and budget where applicable
- Document and maintain
current: project work plan, meetings, decisions, work change orders, project deliverables, progress reports, schedules, cost tracking
reports, and other pertinent reports.
- Participate in special projects
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information management technology, or
- 1 year of related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively
with staff, clients, and vendors
- Ability to lead and direct project teams, meetings, and work sessions
- Strong organizational
skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to travel to off-site locations