Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-008405
Location: Home Office
you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working hard to play
your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher
education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of
student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from
academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students
graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
*****INTERNAL POSTING WILL BE UP
- In collaboration with the colleges and major university practices/departments, the PLCI Project Manager is
responsible authoring the New Program/Offering Launch Charter documents with includes the overall business case for the new
program/offering, project timeline, and expected impacts and outcomes.
- Responsible for leading the new program/offering
cross-functional project team assembled to execute the new program launch charter using a combination of traditional and agile project
- Oversees and leads one or more project teams composed of department or practice level project managers and
cross-functional individual contributors (the core team) assembled to own the execution of all program lifecycle phase which include market
research, program design, program launch, and program sunsetting.
- Directly coordinates with university executive leadership in both
the colleges and the practices/departments to communicate future plans, risks mitigation actions, and current status to both internal and
- Participates in strategy and design events focused on defining and delivering the Next Generation (Education
Technology) Platform at WGU in coordination with academic business partners and technology experts.
- Uses problem solving skills
based on Lean Six Sigma statistical techniques and problem-solving methodologies (such as DMAIC – Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve,
Control) to lead the Program-Level Continuous Improvement Solver Teams forward in their identification of root cause and corrective
- Use Change Management skills and tools to best implement the action plans and project plans.
- Utilize the WGU
Program Lifecycle Management system and tools to manage the launch, maintenance, and retirement of courses, programs, and offerings.
Collaborates with other professionals both inside and outside of the university to promote a positive, “student-obsessed” work
Consistently exhibits WGU’s Leadership Principles.
Responds with urgency to organizational needs and
exhibits excellent judgment while delivering results.
Required Education and Experience –
- A Masters or Bachelor Degree
in Engineering, Quality, Computer Science/Software/Information Management, Business Management, or Higher-Education Leadership. Education
must be from an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in a role that required
extensive Project/Change Management skills in a large organization (5000+ employees).
- Excellent understanding of Project Management
theory/techniques and demonstrated execution.
- Strong understand of Lean Six Sigma problem solving tools and techniques.
- Strong understanding and skills in Change Management or the ability to be certified to Prosci ADKAR.
- Project Management
qualification (PMP) or equivalent.
- Professional experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management.
- Proficiency in project management software tools related to waterfall and or agile methodologies.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to
influence change and motivate others.
- Strong oral and written communications abilities.
- Ability to stand-up and present
results and action plans to large groups at internal meetings.
- Solid technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan
and meet schedules.
- Ability to record and publish meeting minutes, rolling action items, and status reports.
- Ability to
use all related computer equipment and applications
- Understanding of statistics and statistical analysis techniques related to
- Green Belt, Black Belt or Master Black Best
- Lean Silver or Gold certification
- Experience working in a university or institution of higher
- Experience developing and or launching new educational programs or offerings.
- Experience with program or
product lifecycle management systems.
Special Position Requirements
- Light travel required, 10% to 15%
of time at maximum.
- This position has the option to be remote
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that
our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people.
We are committed to diversity.