Project Manager of Technology Strategy
Distrcit Office – 180 N. Wabash
of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing
more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
the Executive Director of Technology Strategy, the Project Manager-Technology Strategy is responsible for implementing initiatives
and executing projects aimed at promoting and supporting CCC’s vision, mission, and strategic plans on inclusive technology initiatives.
The Project Manager effectively manages the life cycle of major projects, including acquiring resources and coordinating the
efforts of college-wide teams, district personnel and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
Performs related duties as required.
- Manages the implementation of projects and
initiatives assigned by Executive Director of Technology Strategy.
- Aligns initiatives with the established strategic plan for the
district and collaborates with district personnel to ensure alignment between district initiatives and college projects.
with CCC teams, establishes and manages grants, budgets, purchasing and required legal agreements with partners.
- Defines project or
initiative scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with project team, senior leadership and relevant
- Measures project impact and drives operational success.
- In collaboration with Executive Director,
proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Effectively communicates
project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Tracks project milestones and deliverables
through relevant software including spreadsheets, presentations and other forms of digital communication.
- Collaborates with
Student Coordinator-Tech Strategy to identify opportunities to improve student success and business process implementation.
- Conducts post-project reviews and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project
- Through project management and operational success, manages key external stakeholder relationships.
Executive Director of Technology Strategy
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Three years of work experience in strategic consulting, strategy department and/or turnaround departments
working in the technology sector desirable
- Experience working in a higher education environment desirable
managing large-scale programs
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to guide and motivate others toward goal
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to cultivate and maintain
strategic partnerships with key stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of
City Colleges of Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer.