Python Backend Developer
Alicia makes use of a state-of-the-art tech stack (Python, Django, PostgreSQL,
ElasticSearch, Redis, Rabbit MQ, AWS SQS, Pyramid and Wagtail). As a Back-end
Developer at Alicia you are responsible for the data processing layer within our
tech stack. Part of our back-end development is currently outsourced and you will
be the first inhouse Alicia engineer! During the first 3 months you will be trained
by our Senior Back-end Developer before starting your own projects. Being our
first inhouse engineer you’ll help further grow our development team and you’ll
have a important role in assessing new team members (Front-end & Back-end).
Annual Salary between 65 and 80k a year.
- You will be responsible for our data processing layer and its architecture.
- You will ensure the integrity of our data layer remains safe and sound, whilst we continuously add new functionalities.
- You will constantly find the best fitting solutions that enable a deeper yet manageable data layer.
- You will be part of a broader team, in which you will work closely with the Product Owner, Front-End Developer(s) and UX Designer(s)
- You will constantly make yourself aware of the latest and greatest technologies available in the global insurtech / fintech market.
- You will advise the CTO on gaps between our existing technologies and those available in the market. Of course you’ll advice on how to bridge this gap too
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
You bring the following skills and experience:
- You have 2-4 years of experience with Python and preferably Django and PostgreSQL.
- You are able to clearly communicate and prioritize, assess and advice what the impact is of changes to our data layer (pros and cons).
- You are also pro-active in helping prioritizing the overall work of the team.
- You are a quick learner.
- You are fluent in both English and Dutch.
- You possess a higher education degree (HBO/WO) in Data Science / Engineering / Tech.
About the Company
We provide our distribution partners with the best in class, tailor made, digital
customer journeys. We embed these directly within their existing products &
services by offering the right integration methods (API’s, web apps). We ensure to
offer the right tailor made product that meets the needs of our distribution
partners and their customers.