We are the first ever Talent Growth platform. We are on a mission to help engineering and product leaders become great leaders. Thanks to our software, our talent coaching program, and our incredible community, we help thousands of aspiring leaders to grow. We started with external mentorship for engineering leaders and experienced exponential growth over the past 2 years. After raising our Series A in late 2021, we are building the future of our platform with new products and new verticals.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to join us as an early member of the Data Engineering team. You’ll be setting direction, choosing tooling and designing the framework Plato will build on. This is a hands-on role to start but you will be building a team that will be responsible for driving data priorities forward and making a large-scale impact across Plato.
What You’ll Do
- Work independently to drive forward Plato’s data priorities as the founding member of the company’s data team (within the engineering team)
- Advise and select tooling for our ETL and reverse ETL platforms
- Design, develop and maintain ETL platforms for various business use cases which are fault-tolerant, highly distributed, and robust.
- Define and execute best practices for no-code data exploration within Plato
- Work on structured, semi-structured data to put company data to business use.
- Analyze large sets of structured and semi-structured data for business analytics and design tooling for non-engineers
- Work with technical and non-technical team members to advise on data
- Integrate new sources of data required by Plato while ensuring best practices are met.
- Fully own and manage the data lake and all of the data and structure within it
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years experience in handling data pipelines, data warehouses and data lakes
- You understand large data sets and their application to business. You’re comfortable as the data expert at a company and explaining the business significance throughout the schema.
- You have the ability to ingest large amounts of SQL and NoSQL data and ensure that the data is beautifully structured and formatted in the data warehouse in such a way that is consistent and easy to utilize and leverage and understand
- You have experience as a team-lead, setting strategy and mentoring others
- You take large and complex projects and create clear prioritization and estimations around each task
- You enjoy working cross-functionally to answer questions and advise
- You’re excited about building a scrappy, fast-moving tech startup!
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect. We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let’s make that better.
This is a full-time position. Our team is fully remote and our only requirement is that you are able to commit to:
- 3-4 hour overlap with PST (starting at 9am) for non-customer-facing roles
- 5 hour overlap with PST (starting at 9am) for customer-facing roles
Plato is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, gender identify, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Learn more about your equal employment opportunity (EEO) rights as an applicant here. Plato is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please provide us with additional information on the nature of your request.
Please mention the word ENVIOUSNESS when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they’re human / RNjkuMTY3LjE1Mi4yMA==
$140,000 — $180,000/year
Remote in Latin America