Remote Python/React Engineer for Boulder Startup
Remote Senior Python/React Software Engineer at Tilt
We need you to:
- Help define the future of Tilt’s core platform and infrastructure.
- Create clean abstractions for performant services
- Be a steward of privacy by design and software quality principles.
- Have a growth mindset, a strong collaborative spirit and desire to connect with both customer and company needs.
- Be an empathetic team guide.
- Tackle obstacles and get stuff done.
- Make an impact that helps us all deliver better software sooner.
This position is a full-time remote role reporting to the Engineering Lead with an annual salary of $160,000-$190,000K plus stock options, because we believe everyone should have some stake in our business. We are people-first (this ain’t some PR jazz, we truly give a damn about our Tilt family) so in addition to a robust suite of benefits, we offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for all employees with fully paid premiums. You must be authorized to work in the US.
We celebrate and support our differences and believe in the power of equality, which is why we are an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Tilt is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications related to their professional competence. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. We comply with all applicable national, state, and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Who are you?
You are a Senior Software Engineer who will help us build and scale our systems and infrastructure. You’ll build out the backbone of the leave experience by helping improve and strengthen the infrastructure responsible for powering our leave platform. You will work closely with other engineers and our product team to vet new features and functionality to improve the leave experience.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- Ideally 7+ years of experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining production software and systems.
- Experience building scalable production applications using Python and React or similar technologies.
- An enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience operating cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
- Excellent communication/writing skills.
- The ability to work independently and communicate effectively over phone or video conference.
- GitHub, AWS or equivalent cloud experience
- Passion for system design, data models, the absence management market space, customer focus and crafting solutions
- RESTful API
- Docker, Kubernetes, SaaS
- Experience conducting Technical Interviews
About the Company
Our purpose, product, and people collide to create a company hellbent on helping companies lead on leave. Together we work remotely and flexibly to maximize balance while continuing on our mission to change the leave of absence experience for everyone. At Tilt, we live for leave because we live for life.
Diversity, belonging, and inclusion are rooted in our being and individuality is celebrated here together as a team. We strive to create a company and solution built with the inclusivity we yearn to see in workplaces across the globe.
We represent these virtues in everything we do to provide the best experience for our people so we can better serve our customers:
- HEALTH & FAMILY FIRST.
- AUTONOMY PLUS TEAM. ALWAYS.
- BE CURIOUS.
- LOVE OUR CUSTOMERS.
- FEARLESSLY FLEXIBLE.
Who are we?
At Tilt our product aims to do one thing: make work leave not suck. We’re building a simple platform for People Teams to support leaves (e.g., new kid, car accident, mental wellbeing, etc.). Most everyone goes on leave and most everyone hates the process. Tilt is fixing that. We are real people helping navigate significant life-changing journeys for others.
We’re committed to iterating towards elegant (and often elusive) solutions to complex problems, whether we’re crafting a workflow system to manage various leaves, modeling a classifier to predict class labels, building a modern API to support partners, or computing complex leave pay.
We are a fully remote company dedicated to being fearlessly flexible and ensuring that all employees are set up and have the autonomy to do their best work. As a company our aim is to ensure that all employees have the balance to care for their health, family and life outside of work. Overall, we trust our team and are focused on outcomes not outputs.