At TriumphPay, we are building the transportation payments network for the future. We are the largest payer in transportation with more than $20 billion in annualized payments. Our customers use our products to solve real world problems and operate in our software all day every day. This is both excitingand also an incredible responsibility.
We are looking for experienced full-stack engineers to join our team of 35+ engineers. You will work closely in a team of 3-5 people on a specific project. Inside this team, you will manage your own backlog and schedule. We rotate teams and work areas quarterly to give you a breadth of experience. We are a fully remote engineering organization that believes strongly in work life balance and strong boundaries. We care about our environment because we know that we do our best work when we are happy and feel valued.
A Day In The Life:
You will likely start the day with a quick check in with your team. That might lead to a conversation with a member of our product group and a member of our sales team about a feature you are building for a specific customer segment. Several PRs and deploys later, you are ready to enable that feature for a test customer. You follow up with the customer and make sure everything is working as planned. Once it is ready, you turn on the feature flag and celebrate. Now it’s time to talk to the team about what’s coming up next.
To do this, you will work in a mixture of Ruby (with Sorbet in places), Elm, C# and TypeScript. After CI, you use a single click deploy to our autoscaling Kuberetes cluster. We’re also using Rails, Sorbet, React, Postgresql, Redis, Docker, and more. Additionally, we have a strong interest in functional programming languages like Haskell, OCaml, and Elixir. While these are the tools we’re currently using, you don’t need to have previous experience with all of them. We know that good developers are capable of quickly picking up new languages and tools.
To succeed in this role, you should be:
· Curious. You aren’t content with the status quo and know that we can always improve.
· Collaborative. You can work with others to improve a solution.
· Empathetic. Your designs are influenced by a deep understanding of the customers’ needs.
· A strong communicator. You will proactively communicate issues and trade-offs with team members to support alignment and fast decision making.
· Be an outstanding developer. Your peers should recognize you as one of the best and the brightest developers they have worked with.
Bonus points for:
· Leading an engineering team or running a consulting company.
· Experience with functional languages like Elm, Haskell, OCaml, or Elixir.
· Previous Logistics experience.
TriumphPay is a division of TBK Bank, SSB, Member of FDIC and Equal Housing Lender, and a member of the Triumph Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: TBK) group. Triumph Bancorp is a financial holding company with a diversified line of community banking, national lending, and commercial finance products.
Please mention the word CALMING when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they’re human / RNjkuMTY3LjE1Mi4yMA==
$180,000 — $230,000/year