About the role
The backbone of komoot is a huge repository of route recommendations and outdoor tips —handpicked Highlights, popular Tours and tailored Collections—built by passionate editors with plenty of local knowledge and a wealth of experience in their sports. To help inspire our growing community in Spain through the best outdoor content, we’re looking to build a team of freelance editors with native-level Spanish.
What you will do
- Use your knowledge of the most popular official bike routes, the best singletracks or gravel routes, the most challenging climbs or the most beautiful hikes to inspire our Spanish-speaking user base
- Review, polish and set up new Highlights on the komoot map to help our users plan their own adventures (https://www.komoot.com/help/highlights)
- Research and create amazing day Tours, brought to life with inspiring Highlights, to ensure top-quality content in the komoot Tour search results (https://www.komoot.com/discover/Huescaemail@example.com%2C-0.4080901)
- Create Collections following a topic roadmap which are based on long distance hikes and rides as well as exciting day Tours around popular outdoor destinations (https://www.komoot.com/collection/1099250 and https://www.komoot.com/collection/1429750)
- Review and edit existing Tour, Highlight and Collection content to keep it accurate and looking fresh
- Set up Highlights and Collections for tourism, sport and brand partners of komoot (https://www.komoot.com/collection/1061999)
- Localise the copy of relevant Collections, written by our existing editors in other countries, for our Spanish userbase
- Research images in our own database as well as from different external sources to bring your content to life
- Create unique, inspiring copy for regional Guides that are SEO-optimized (UK example: https://www.komoot.com/guide/40898). Describe the most important aspects of a region such as its landscape, history, top attractions or infrastructure in a way that is useful and inspirational for hikers and cyclists.
Why you will love it
- You will utilize all of your greatest passions: The outdoors, researching, route-planning and writing
- Your content will inspire millions of people, from seasoned outdoor-lovers to novice hikers and cyclists, and they’ll help establish our community in Spain
- We encourage you to work from wherever you want, be that on a beach, in the mountains, from home, or anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3
- Enjoy a creative and responsible role that offers a great amount of flexibility!
You will be successful in this position if
- You are an experienced mountain biker, cyclist, hiker, trail runner or bike tourer, and know the local cycling and hiking hotspots like the back of your hand
- You love planning routes for yourself and your peers
- You love to share your passion for the outdoors with like minded people
- You always adopt the latest tools to improve your own efficiency
- You feel at home using Google Docs, project management tools, Open Street Map and content management systems
- You have an eye for the right images to illustrate your stories and you know what image resources to use
- You are available to work for komoot on a weekly basis and for a longer period of time
- You speak Spanish at a native level in addition to writing and speaking excellent English
- You can write snappy and grammatically correct Spanish copy
- You are highly motivated, excited about taking on additional responsibilities, and are structured and target-oriented in your approach to tasks
Be sure to mention the word STELLAR when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they’re human.
Sound like you?
We would love to hear from you!
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A brief description in English explaining why you’d like to work at komoot
- Something to demonstrate your passion for the outdoors, be it a snippet from your blog, komoot profile, YouTube or Instagram account
- Three examples of relevant projects you’ve worked on to date (published articles, blog posts, campaigns, etc.).
- Your availability (hours/week)
Apply for this job
👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote OK, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. You should also NEVER have to pay to buy equipment which they then pay you back for later. Also never pay for trainings you have to do. Those are scams! NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING! Posts that link to pages with “how to work online” are also scams. Don’t use them or pay for them. Also always verify you’re actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. A good idea is to check the domain name for the site/email and see if it’s the actual company’s main domain name. Scams in remote work are rampant, be careful! Read more to avoid scams. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Remote OK and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Remote OK accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.