Retail Systems Technician
Finance & Administration
Detailed Job Description
The Retail Systems Technician covers evening and weekend hours (11:30 a.m – 7:30 p.m.) Tuesday – Saturday. Hours may vary for university large events.
The Retail Systems Technician for assisting the Auxiliary Services (AS) Technology and Business Analytics Management Team with the hardware and software implementation, maintenance, and support of the retail systems and devices for Auxiliary Services. This position’s primary focus is on menu item management for online ordering and point of sale systems, data integrity and reporting within point of sale (cashier, kiosk, mobile, and online ordering solutions) and inventory item management. In addition, this role maintains physical readiness of cash registers, scanners, kiosks, kitchen printers and credit card processors, as well as assists in the purchasing and deployment of new hardware.
This position is also responsible for building and maintaining working relationships with university partners, vendors, and Auxiliary Services business partners. This position is a key member of the Technology and Business Analytics team and reports directly to the Associate Director, Retail Systems.
Technical & Operational Support:
- Assist Associate Director with administration of assigned systems, applications, and hardware.
- Work with team members to troubleshoot technical issues, including monitoring and responding to all system issues and escalating complicated support issues to Associate Director.Assist with the input of all information into retail systems and inventory management systems to meet data integrity, security, reporting, and strategic goals.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with vendors, ITS, and other University partners to implement solutions, resolve technical problems, ensure stability and maintain availability according to business needs, service level agreements.
- Support and maintain retail and point of sale systems used for financial transactions used within Auxiliary Services business units.
- Maintain user permissions and security roles.Perform application development and system configurations according to business needs.Assist in the maintenance of capital inventory records for retail systems hardware.
- Maintain records and perform physical inventory audits for Auxiliary Services PCI compliance purposes.Support receiving, configuration, and deployment of software and hardware.
- Utilize ticketing system to resolve all break/fix issues for point of sale, inventory management software.
- Monitor and follow up on any outstanding tickets for customers.Respond to scheduled and on call support calls to meet Service Level Agreement requirements, including rapid response for online ordering menus.
- Contribute to the maintenance of student employee onboarding and training materials.
- Coach and mentor student employees to higher performance and career aspirations.
- Perform other duties as assigned to manage technology programs and projects which promote operational excellence, business growth, and/or cost savings.
Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring.
As a member of the RIT community, you’ll receive a comprehensive employee benefits package that offers multiple options and access to additional employment advantages. You can tailor your benefit elections to meet your needs (affordable medical/dental/vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time/retirement saving plan with exceptional employer match; and tuition assistance for you and your family, to name a few).
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 1-3 years of experience in help desk or other technical support
- 1-3 years of experience with point of sale systems or equivalent enterprise applications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive financial and transactional data
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to establish priorities
- Ability to work effectively with all stakeholders, including leading teams and group sessions
The successful candidate hired for this position will be required to drive on occasion, and therefore will be required, upon hire, to immediately enroll in the NYS LENS program. Candidates can review page 4 of RIT’s Safe Driving Policy
Employment Category: Fulltime
Staff Job Function: Wage Band:
Required Application Documents
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
Rochester Institute of Technology, the 10th largest private university in the U.S., is among the worlds leading technological universities. Its 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries are enrolled in over 200 academic programs, including 7 interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs. A pioneer in experiential education, RIT was the first to offer undergraduate degree programs in biotechnology, information technology, software engineering, and microelectronic engineering. As home to the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, the university offers unparalleled academic opportunities and services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Founded in 1829, RIT has 115,000 alumni throughout the United States and around the world. RIT has been named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the Great Colleges to Work For. RIT is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation site, and is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples through the Upstate NY Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. For more information, visit www.rit.edu/overview/rankings-and-recognition and www.rit.edu.
As a member of the RIT community employees receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with an employees pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs. More on RITs Benefits, Health & Wellness program can be found at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/benefits-health-and-wellness
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov