Want to keep all your WhatsApp group contacts safe in one place? Here is how to do it.
WhatsApp groups are a great way to communicate with a number of contacts on your list at one go. Whether it is about connecting with your huge friends group, whole joint family, or your office colleagues, WhatsApp groups is a great way to manage your groups and stay up to date with all the happenings. In short, it will allay your fears of being left out of important conversations or events. But the difficult task of dealing with a huge WhatsApp group is to find that exact number at one tap from the contact list of the group which you need in a hurry. Or, maybe you want to contact the person in the future when you are no longer part of that WhatsApp group. The simplest way to solve these problems is to keep your WhatsApp group contacts saved offline too, so that whenever you’re in need just find that contact from the list and connect. But is it that simple to save the whole list of WhatsApp group contacts? Indeed, it is! You can save the whole list in just one tap. How? Here are a few hacks for you.
How to save WhatsApp group contacts
Chrome extensions really work!
There is no direct way in WhatsApp to extract the WhatsApp group contacts in your device at one go, but you can surely do that with the help of Chrome extensions. And it really works. All you need to do is download the ‘WA – Download Group Phone Numbers’ Chrome extension on your desktop, add it to Chrome browser. Check steps:
- Once you finish downloading the Chrome extension on your device, simply open WhatsApp Web.
- Go to the WhatsApp group chat, and click on three dots to get additional options.
- Here, you will see the ‘Download Info’ option. Simply tap on it. And it will automatically download the excel sheet of all your contacts in one place. The list will carry all the desired information such as the phone number, their public display name, and their saved name.
Save Group contacts on your Android phone
Not just on your laptop but you can save all your WhatsApp group contacts on your android phone too. For that, you will need to download the ‘Export Contacts for WhatsApp’ app from your Google Play Store. Once you finish downloading the app, follow these simple steps:
- Open your WhatsApp and go to the WhatsApp Group.
- Click the three-dot dot option at the top.
- Scroll down to the ‘Invite via link’ and tap on it.
- Here you will see the Group invite link. Just click on ‘Copy Link’.
- Go back to the downloaded ‘ Export Contacts for WhatsApp’ app and open the Export Contacts option.
- Click on ‘Export 100 contacts’ and paste copied WhatsApp group link.
- Choose the preferred file for the contacts such as PDF, Excel sheet, or Word. Once you tap any of these, it will automatically download the file. And it’s done! Now you can access all your group contacts in one place with their detailed information.