Posting Number: req5882
Department: IT Service Management
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
University Information Technology Services (UITS), within the University of Arizona, is seeking a Self Service and Training Leader responsible for ownership, management, and continuous improvement of IT self-service solutions as well as development and delivery of learning outcomes for the 24/7 Support Center. The Self Service and Training Leader’s main areas of responsibility include providing recommendations, guidance, collaborative planning and implementation of strategies for self-service and content lifecycle within a central knowledge base. This position has collateral duties in support of the 24/7 Support Center for planning and delivery of team training in accordance with University and UITS policies, procedures, projects, and best practices.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
UITS is a $60M organization of approximately 300 employees responsible for providing enterprise network, telecommunications, computing, and data services to the University of Arizona. UITS offers a broad array of services to the university community ranging from deploying and managing the campus’ wired and wireless networks to stewardship of the administrative applications that support the HR, payroll, finance, and student lifecycle management activities of the institution. Also, UITS recently unveiled its next-generation high performance computing environment to support the computationally intensive needs of UA research faculty.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build positive relationships with partner organizations, providing broad and deep knowledge about technology and processes relating to self-service and content lifecycles.
- Work with business partners to develop key performance indicators for self-service effectiveness.
- Facilitate the creation and management of multi-format self-service content housed within a central knowledge base.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining a support community website (peer-to-peer support, FAQs, business resources, etc.).
- Responsible for defining a review and audit process to ensure the accuracy and relevancy of content within the knowledge base.
- Manage a team of support staff responsible for creating content and delivering training support to the 24/7 Support Center.
- Accountable for planning and evaluating performance, training and development, and recruitment assistance for team personnel.
- Work with UITS Marketing and Communications team to develop effective communication regarding service offerings, best practices, changes in processes, and soliciting input for content in the knowledge base.
- Monitor communication channels to answer questions and facilitate peer to peer support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment ensuring solutions meet the needs of a diverse and broad audience.
- Expert knowledge of IT principles, theories and concepts.
- Ability to multitask and possess strong time management skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with contacts at multiple levels.
- Ability to appropriately implement policies and procedures for supported products.
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with UArizona systems and hardware.
- Experience in support and administration of technology platforms.
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities quickly.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability in working independently and within a team environment.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $71,344 -$100,374
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
IT Relationship Mgmt
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.