Senior Back-End Software Engineer
Basil Systems is a healthcare-focused start-up delivering a SaaS application that leverages market data to support businesses in the medical device and drug industries. Our mission is to improve patient outcomes and treatments by helping manufacturers deliver safe and innovative healthcare products while reducing the time-to-market.
We are currently seeking a Senior Python Back-End Engineer, to become a key member of our tight-knit and collaborative developer team, who is truly excited to design, build, and deploy production software.
- You will build upon a platform that is rapidly attracting customers, including multiple Fortune 500 companies, who rely upon our system for strategic insights.
- You will contribute to our Python codebase that embraces new technologies and prioritizes solid, stable and scalable code.
- By developing a product that aims to increase the quality of medical-devices and drugs, you will have the opportunity to improve the health care of potentially millions of patients.
- You’ll become a critical member of our team which is lead by seasoned founders with prior successes in tech ventures.
- You will join a company that is already generating revenue in the health-tech space. We are well-funded and are creating a serious buzz among strategic investors and other VCs.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
You are a self-starter and good communicator. You’ll spend your time building reliable backend services and solving complex data processing problems. We would like you to have:
- 5-10+ years professional experience as back-end engineer
- Very strong experience with the latest Python language and libraries, in conjunction with MongoDB, MySQL or MariaDB and Elastic.
- Extensive experience building and maintaining Microservices and REST Web-Service APIs.
- Additional experience with AWS and CI/CD pipelines (especially with respect to Big-Data applications) – is highly desired.
About the Company
We are a distributed team headquartered in Boston with an office in New York City. Our team culture allows flexibility as to when, where and how you work best. To that end, we actively employ and support remote team members.
- Competitive salary ($150k – $180k depending on experience)
- Health and vision
- An attractive equity package
Basil supports and encourages building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for everyone. We welcome all applicants.
Contact us at: email@example.com
Direct candidates welcomed – No Agencies please.