Senior Backend Developer
🌎 100% REMOTELY
💰 Salary 7 000 to 9 150 USD net/month, depending on experience + 35 days of paid leave + equity
☑️ B2B long-term permanent contract
💻 Company that provides a bitcoin wallet combined with a cold storage vault and a bitcoin-based debit card
What you’ll do?
- Designing, developing and deploying backend services with a focus on high availability, fault tolerance, low latency and security.
- Your team will take full end to end responsibility of the services your team owns, from development through to production operation
- Collaboration with team members across multiple functional areas to ensure delivery of the best solutions for our customers.
As a Developer Lead you will provide guidance and coaching around technical good practices as well as playing an active role in the Development Community of practice.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position.
Work from anywhere!
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Significant software engineering experience in Python (or other programming language)
- Great teamwork and communication skills in English, comfortable preparing high quality documentation and designs to aid understanding and knowledge sharing.
- Understanding of microservice architectures, container based 12 factor apps and cloud native patterns around fault tolerance.
- Experience building contract first services and adopting patterns and frameworks to enable appropriate automated testing at unit, contract, service and end to end levels.
- Experience building services that can be deployed on demand, quickly and with quality. * Excellent understanding of CI/CD patterns and good practice.
- Understands the role of high quality observability in building highly scalable and performant software
- Experience working with a public or private cloud vendor
- Experience working in Finance is beneficial
About the Company
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer for an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings. The company was founded to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, they developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
You would join the Cards domain – their premium debit card is a core part of the company’s value proposition. The team strives to deliver a secure and delightful debit card experience for clients worldwide. They are building truly cross-functional teams with full ownership of design, architecture, build, test, delivery, and operations. You will collaborate closely with your fellow team members from the product, apps, design, and QA communities of practice. As a Developer Lead, you will provide guidance and coaching around technical good practices as well as playing an active role in the Development Community of practice.