(Senior) Backend Developer
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
We are now looking for two Backend Developers to develop critical backend services for new product and monetization initiatives. As a Backend Developer in the team you’ll get to make concrete changes in the app or the payment side of the product . You’ll get a chance to affect how critical projects will turn out starting from the prototyping phase all the way through A/B testing to new feature releases. You won’t be just implementing tickets, but taking a part in the whole process.
Most importantly, you’ll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-imagine the way music education works.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll be working as a part of our agile teams, with other developers and designers to create new features and tweak existing ones. This requires close collaboration with our team members, and often other teams. As a backend developer you’ll be involved in giving your input in all stages of projects as well as planning and implementing the actual backend work required to accomplish goals.
Please note that we work with a hybrid office policy – and do offer relocation support :]
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong knowledge of Python and related frameworks (we use Flask)
- Strong familiarity with databases (mostly MongoDB)
- To succeed in this job you should have experience in API development
- Experience working with cross-functional, agile teams
- Experience in A/B testing is a plus
- For one of the roles, experience working with monetization, payment processors and processor integrations is a big plus.
About the Company
Yousician aims to impact and enrich the lives of millions of people by enabling them to learn something new, promoting their wellbeing and using their time for something meaningful. Our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play.
However, you don’t need to be a musician to join Yousician.
We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of people learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity in the rapidly growing and changing scale up business, you’re in the right place!
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing scale-ups in Helsinki, backed by the top VC’s and competing with the best education applications in the world
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get to work with a passionate and friendly growing band of PMs, educators, designers, developers and data scientists.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!