Robert Half are commencing an exclusive search for a leading institution within higher education
currently seeking a Senior CMS and Front-end Manager within the central websites team.
This is an opportunity to join one of the
most prestigious universities in Australia in a team leadership role, specifically contributing to their main content management system,
which attracts well over a million sessions per week.
The University has a fantastic reputation, employing people of outstanding
calibre while offering a unique environment where staff are valued and rewarded.
As a prospective employee, you will be afforded
great perks, including earning 17% super and having the ability to work in a hybrid capacity, with regular work-from-home days alongside
This role leads the small team accountable for the effective management of
the University’s core web publishing platforms, ensuring that public-facing websites can deliver outstanding experiences.
You will be responsible for leading a team of 3 people: a front-end developer, a CMS developer and a web production and support
specialist. The successful applicant will oversee the University’s CMS and the front-end code that underpins their digital design
With the support of the front-end developer, this role will manage the front-end code for the system ensuring high code
quality, as well as making sure rollouts are fast and efficient.
Likewise, you will liaise regularly with internal and external
stakeholders to ensure that the CMS is easy to use, responsive, available, secure, resilient, and well maintained, whilst supporting its
critical role in communications and marketing.
- Manage the content management
system to enable a sustainable, well-governed self-publishing model that follows the University’s digital design system.
2.1 AA) and SEO. Assist with our consolidation of multiple digital design systems into one.
- Manage components: provide guidance on
needs for new or modified components, and then manage component lifecycle through the front-end, creation of components, editor training,
- Provide subject matter expertise to users and publishers across the University as required.
part of the website team, and with support from broader teams, develop, run and manage digital delivery projects as required.
- Maintain close and positive working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Lead, motivate and coach direct reports, as well
as helping upskill colleagues in other teams.
- Manage critical vendors, especially our CMS vendor.
You will be someone who loves solving complex problems. Your experience and skills should include some of the
- Experience managing public-facing business-critical websites.
- Experience managing web development teams.
- Demonstrated experience with semantic, valid front-end code: HTML, CSS, and ideally modern JS frameworks (such as Vue, React, or
- Good experience administering CMSes, including deploying updates to design systems.
- Ability to work
collaboratively and adaptively.
- Well-developed stakeholder management, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
experience managing complex systems through needs analysis, standardisation, and simplification.
- Experience establishing,
following, and managing process to ensure operational excellence and quality assurance.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
Robert Half are exclusively managing the hiring process for this leading institution within
Higher education. If you are interested, please apply asap or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV directly. Successful applicants will be contacted, and interviews will be
organised within the next two weeks.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
Job Reference No: 06810-0012064668