Sugar Grove, IL
Admin – Information Technology – IT Manager/Director
Senior Data Center Manager
Sugar Grove, IL
Full-time Support Staff
The Senior Data Center Manager reports to the Chief Information Officer and manages all college data center functions.
- Develop and maintain short- and long-term plans for data center infrastructure design.
- Provide leadership and system administration for all server and cloud-based application technologies, including mobile technologies.
- Supervise Data Center staff in the performance of project and support activities.
- Test application and server software, and hardware for all instructional and administrative functions.
- Manage and troubleshoot Internet and Intranet hardware, software, and connectivity.
- Develop application priority through coordination with educational and administrative computing units.
- Maintains Data Center software and service purchasing including contract and statement of work negotiations.
- Anticipate and plan for growth in storage and server capacity.
- Serve on college committees and task forces as appropriate.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of date center security and management systems such as fire suppression.
- Manage and lead technical and non-technical project teams using standard project management (PMBOK) techniques.
- Ability to negotiate and maintain campus license agreements such as Microsoft.
- Be a key member of the technology disaster recovery/emergency response team, with specific responsibility for the college’s data backup & recovery processes and tools.
- Understand the importance of Business Process Analysis in ideal process design.
- Perform and lead technology research & development projects.
- Have a high technical acumen in Identity Management, VMware, Linux, and Azure technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Technology or related field required.
- Minimum seven years related experience in a data center environment with five years supervisory experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct and work effectively inter-personally as well as technically.
- Ability to be available off-hours to perform system support and maintenance duties.
Please attach the following documents when applying:
- Cover Letter-Yes
- References-Yes (Can be provided at interview)
Grant Funded: No
Compensation Range: 79,862.00 – 79,862.00 (starting pay reflected)
Compensation Type: Salaried
Work Schedule: M-F 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Work Hours: 40
Targeted Hire Date: 7/6/2021
Special Instructions: Can provide transcripts at interview stage.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran
Waubonsee Community College
Waubonsee does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs, and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans’ status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.