Vacancy Number: S-00747
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative
leadership of AUM’s Advanced Technologies department, with full authority of that department.
- Be a thought leader and serve as
subject-matter expert responsible for planning and executing department objectives and operations aligned with University strategic
- Leverage human, financial, and other resources needed to accomplish department objectives.
- Develop and implement
new, scalable and sustainable technology solutions and IT service offerings that maximize the department’s internal and external resources,
focused on quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead and develop a culture of innovation and operational excellence with a focus
on continuous improvement in all areas of technology and business performance.
- Ensure thorough and compliant documentation
practices are established.
- Remain current on technical advancements in technology solutions that could impact the business.
Investigate new technologies and develop feasibility projections.
- Advance the department’s technology capabilities, IT service
offerings and consultant skills.
- Interact with federal, state, and local entities to ensure compliance with appropriate statutes
- Establish and administer policies, system standards and operating procedures within departmental unit.
- Plan, direct, and evaluate the operational, financial and personnel activities of assigned staff and functions.
- Attract, hire,
orient, train, evaluate, and retain assigned staff; monitor and coordinate staff development, training, and career path programs.
- Represent Advanced Technologies and the University to external stakeholders. Grow existing and build new client relationships.
- Forecast needs, requirements and future direction for Advanced Technologies.
- Secure contracts and grants through research and
identification of prospective initiatives/technology developments.
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives.
quotes and proposals for clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable
university policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal rules and regulations
- Knowledge of budgeting
management principles and practices
- Knowledge of management guidelines and techniques
- Technical knowledge specifically
related to large scale IT applications and systems
- Knowledge of project planning tools
- Interpersonal skills
- Public relations skills
- Marketing skills
- Oral and written communication skills and IT fluency
development and negotiation skills
- Analytical, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Highly organized with
strong project management skills, and drive to meet organizational and departmental objectives
- Ability to flourish with minimal
guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Ability to coordinate and manage the work of others and multiple programs and
- Ability to lead, plan, and manage multiple IT functional areas
- Ability to solve business challenges or meet
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with others
- Ability to speak in public and make presentations
at all audience levels
- Ability to respond to multiple competing demands
Master’s Degree and six (6) years of experience related to information technology solutions. Three (3) years of supervisory experience
This posting will remain open until closed: Yes
Special Instructions to
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity;
therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally,
the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have
the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing
university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while
U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching
and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
AUM is an EEO employer.