Job Number: job requisition id
One growing team. One powerful goal.
Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged-and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another’s potential, and we
focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in
every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work
environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to
transform the lives of learners.
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual
differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore,
we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered.
We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its
By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming
lives-beginning with yours.
Here’s more information about the job you clicked on:
This position will
partially be based in the following office location.
However, partial remote work from the following states may
also be considered: Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont.
Please note that this is a remote eligible position. At SNHU, we ask
that our remote employees have access to a reliable internet connection and a dedicated, properly equipped workspace at a fixed location
within the United States (in one of the approved states as reflected above) that is free of distractions and dependencies.
exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment:
Anthem BlueCross affordable,
low-deductible Medical insurance available on day one
Low to no-cost Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts accruing on day one & Paid Holidays
A Retirement Plan with a 9%
Employer Funded annual contribution
Tuition Benefits with family offerings
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU)
is seeking candidates with significant Product Management experience who can help to create and leverage new business capabilities that
change students’ lives at scale. The Senior Director of CRM Product Management will work with key business stakeholders to understand and
further articulate a strong vision for specific, measurable business outcomes. They will then create, align, and evolve a product portfolio
strategy to realize this vision and associated outcomes. They should be able to help identify and inform the highest value business
objectives and then collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams in a Scaled Agile delivery model to drive product envisioning, decisioning,
and delivery at speed and at scale.
The CRM product portfolio at SNHU includes student-centric as well as faculty and staff products
and services that serve our students’ needs across their entire journey at SNHU. The ideal candidate will have significant CRM domain
expertise and leadership experience driving product development at scale. Acting as an agent for the customer, the Senior Director of CRM
Product Management will work with Product Owners to collectively provide timely input to product roadmaps, themes, initiatives, epics, and
user stories to help inform top-down program increment planning, sprint planning and prioritization. They will bring rigorous methods,
tools, and frameworks with flexibility to adapt them to circumstances and desired outcomes. The successful candidate will also be able to
create specific product performance KPIs and measurement frameworks to support the evolution of product capabilities, priorities and
successful outcomes. This role is expected to pave the way for organizational engagement across all business functions at SNHU to take a
product-driven approach to service enablement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the goals,
strategies, and tactics to drive adoption of and engagement with CRM solutions/services to deliver long-term value across the
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and customers to derive deep understanding of business goals/processes
and customer requirements/preferences to inform product improvements and innovative new features.
- Establish roadmaps, release plans
and resource plans that satisfy requirements and achieve desired business outcomes.
- Drive decision making at speed by providing
options, implications, and outcomes that inform strategic decision making.
- Leverage relationships to rationalize and harmonize
complementary, competing, and sometimes conflicting needs across a broad spectrum of student and business services to achieve a balanced
product portfolio that achieves the maximum business value possible.
- Work closely with Product Owners to extrapolate strategic
priorities of high-level features into actionable product requirements with validated user epics/stories, acceptance criteria,
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure staffing, scale and skillsets align with product priorities and
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams to iteratively deliver products at speed and scale, and to quickly respond to
changing needs and uncertainty with the discipline to analyze choices that inform the next best course of action.
- Identify and
resolve inhibitors including technical, resource and other challenges in order to achieve objectives.
- Drive effective cross-team
communication and alignment.
- Define, track and communicate relevant KPIs to measure product/service performance and contribution to
business goals and strategy. Continuously monitor and evaluate performance and proactively champion improvements.
- Manage investment
decision making and finances, taking a ROI approach to increasing value while minimizing costs. Evaluate and report on the economics and
cost of the product roadmap.
- Ensure alignment and adherence to corporate, financial and IT standards (e.g., architecture, privacy,
- Proactively monitor business, market and technology trends to inform product strategy and proactively propose
Other duties as assigned.
Typically requires bachelor’s degree and
at least 10-15 years of relevant experience. Relevant experience must include clear demonstration of CRM product domain and Agile
methodology expertise with successful delivery of highly complex business solutions in a leadership role. Experience should reflect
successful demonstration of outstanding business and technical skills along with exemplary people skills (collaborative leadership,
influential) and soft-skills (innovative, visionary, inspires trust, results-oriented.)
Equivalent of experience in lieu of degree
Professional Certification(s): At least one certification in Agile methods
and/or product domain area.
Specialized knowledge and experience:
- 6+ years working as a software Product
Manager/Product Owner with demonstrated success in understanding customer needs and defining/building products.
- 5+ years of
experience managing cross-functional teams to deliver large-scale, complex CRM solutions/services in a large organization.
- Deep understanding and experience with Software/System Development Lifecycle and integrations including experience estimating
budgets and resources for software development initiatives.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Agile software development
and project management methods.
- Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking skills with a
solutions mindset for value creation, continuous improvement, innovation, and testing.
- Excellent relationship-building and
collaboration skills across diverse, matrixed stakeholders and customers.
- Excellent planning, prioritization, product management,
problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills enabling clear communication of complex
concepts to target audience.
- Highly effective leadership, influencing and negotiating skills to influence without authority across
several functional areas.
- Ability to drive organizational change through influence and consensus
- Ability to balance multiple stakeholder priorities and to facilitate effective data-driven decisions in fast paced
- Ability to establish and maintain high level of customer and employee trust and confidence while setting and managing
- Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a complex environment with constituents at all levels of the organization;
confident interacting with senior leadership.
- Clear demonstration of highly effective
people management attributes (e.g. emotional intelligence, servant leadership, effective coach/mentor.)
- Strategic thinker and
planner (big-picture business insight and foresight, vision, creative, adaptable, takes appropriate risks).
- Strong contributor to
methods, tools and best practices across the organization.
- Experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner for Salesforce and similar SaaS-based ecosystems.
- Experience with
Higher Education industry software applications and systems.
Professional Certification(s) preferred: Certified Scrum
Product Owner (CSPO), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) or similar relevant certifications
- Ability to work in an open-concept environment.
- Ability to work at a computer for extended time.
- May require sitting for extended time.
Please answer the questions below by placing an X in the appropriate box.
position have the authority to hire, discharge, assign, direct, or discipline other employees or effectively recommend such action on behalf
If yes, please indicate the employees the incumbent will supervise.
Faculty and/or Staff Employees
Does this position effectuate, control or implement university policies or have discretion in the performing of its
duties independent of established policies?
the incumbent act in a confidential capacity to persons who exercise managerial functions in the field of labor relations or have access to
confidential information concerning anticipated changes that may result from negotiations?
Please note that a background check is required for employment.